𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐧, 𝟐𝟖

YOU SPED WALKED INTO the building, watching as your employees make way for you to pass, especially with the look you had

     YOU SPED WALKED INTO the building, watching as your employees make way for you to pass, especially with the look you had. they knew well not to mess with you, you thin ice temper was somehow not to play around with.

entering the elevator, you aggressively clicked a few buttons before leaning on the metal walls, feeling the gravity shift. soon enough you were at the top of the building, the doors opened and you stormed into the main room of which you once called home.

"there's my little girl!" an elderly man called out, extending his arms out to show his enthusiasm. he had jet black hair, nape being white due to his age though he still had a handsome face accompanied by a white beard.

you frowned with a furrow of your eyebrows, eyeing the three who stood near the glass wall. another woman besides lin stood there confidently, she was beautiful but it was clear she was mature and above 30, she too also had jet black hair, a strand of her hair being white. red thick lipstick coated her lips as she and the male wore suits, screaming that they did business for a living.

"what is the meaning of this." you demanded, "i flew here overnight just to deal with this, there better be a good explanation." you whipped your head to lin, managing to catch the slightest of gulps coming from her despite her stone cold face.

"now, now dear," the man attempted to reason softly, albeit a sinister aura was convincing you otherwise, "let's not blame lin for making the right decision." he let a lopsided grin etch on his lips, knowing damn well you took everything he said as a mock.

"and let's not forget that this company is under my name." you scowled, letting your facial expressions rest rather than glare at the three who stood in your home, your workplace, your reason, "this company is doing well with or without me being here, so tell me, oh so help me lin." you trailed around the room, dragging your hand on the furniture as your sharp gaze still manage to land on the three elderly.

"don't be so harsh on her, she's a great secretary." the mature woman sternly yet calmly spoke, still her tone managing to rattle your bells more than ever, "you're always away with your work, never giving your old folks a visit so we decided to change that sweatheart." she smiled sweetly, sugar coating her obvious lies.

you stared unamused, half lidded eyes bore into your so called mom as you stood idly by a work table you had once frequently used. she seemed to be uncomfortable silence that you had returned, shifting on her heels as she cleared her throat to continue.

"heard you were hired to investigate dangerous crimes," she exaggerated by dragging out her sentence with forced enthusiasm, "as much as i don't agree with the... level of responsibility and place of work, it came from the government and can improve your intelligence so i suppose i could perhaps make an exception."