𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭, 𝟐𝟑

EVERYONE SEEMED TO be having fun, you watched as toby threaten ben to push him in the water, the phantom clung onto the brunette, literal fear dreaded in his eyes

hoodie laid on the chairs, his hoodie off and replaced with a plain tee as masky too laid on one of the chairs beside him, though with his usual attire, claiming it wasn't necessary.

kage inspected the alcohol in the bar, commenting them individually as offender sat on the stool, watching with a shot of strong substance in his hand.

"come on y/n! let's play!" sally called out from the shallow end of the pool, needing to shout to overcome the now turned on waterfall, lazari encouraging you even further as she cheered on.

you made your way around the shallow end, placing your hands on your knees as you stared down at sally, "i don't think so salls." you chuckled, watching as the two girls pout.

"please y/n, we want to go to the deeper end but can't without some one tall." lazzie pleaded, puppy-dog eyes forming to add more effect while her hands clasped themselves to her chest.

"adventurous little beings." you booped their noses before lifting your body up, "sorry girls, i'm more of a workaholic than havin—"

you were cut off as you felt hands on your shoulders, before you knew it, you were pushed into the water. fortunately, you weren't drowning due to it being shallow, on the other hand, your clothes were soaked.

you frowned, sitting in the water as you stared at your suspect, toby.

"what happened to scaring ben." you huffed, pulling your now wet hair away from your face, an evident frown still on the corner of your lips.

"he fuh-phased away." the latter shrugged, you could see a smile under his guard mask as he took his hoodie and turtle neck off, leaving his torso bare.

"tobes your pants—" you tried to warn but was too late as he jumped in the water, creating a splash which left you definitely soaked. the girls giggled, wiping their faces to get rid of the water.

"you got extras," he vaguely replied, throwing his goggles and mask on the rim of the pool, revealing his scarred face. he stared off into the deep end as you stared at his left cheek, scars tell a story, this one radiated off a tragic past. you shook your head, deciding to not question it as you crossed your legs in the water rather than using your arms for support, "now c-come on y/n, let's rock!"

you found yourself in toby's arms, his hands under your knees and shoulders to keep you in place, "wOah tobes, let's not!" you exclaimed, wrapping your arms instinctively around his neck as he walked closer to the deep end, "toby!"

he only grinned at you as you stared at the water, hearing the two girls encouraging toby to go further to which the brunette did. you squirmed, "i w-won't kill ya, i sw-swear." toby defended, not much effort said in his sentence.