𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩, 𝟏𝟎

THE DEAD OF NIGHT is what made you avoid sleeping

THE DEAD OF NIGHT is what made you avoid sleeping. you were cooped up in your room, two felines occupying your bed, their little legs spread out.

it wasn't the fact that you were an insomniac, no. maybe it was due to the unsettling fact that four killers were sleeping in your house, you didn't trust them, but when time says, you hope you would.

going back to the deal you had made, you were satisfied, maybe even more. yes, you were loving the thrill of playing with death when you were working on the coldest case but knowing that you'd end up dead in an instant without remorse from dropping out this investigation was something else.

it was like when you knew where and when you would die, that dreadful feeling as days pass for your death date to come.

you weren't ready to die yet, out of fear, you just weren't.

everything seemed to flip so fast, first you were just a mechanic who then became and inventor which earned fortune and fame, claiming the title genius.

now you were hired to become a detective, in fact you wouldn't even say hired. your higher ups had given a ridiculous amount of money for you to take part, that did raise suspicions.

recalling of what masky said, there had been a couple of people in your situation, all never to be heard of again. that terrified you, what if they were dead?

executed in the hands of rich and spoiled people who the public support, oblivious to their dirty deeds and tricks. it disgusted you, masking their guilty doings with fame and popularity, claiming they did it for the people when blood was in their hands.

it's a foolish act albeit seemed to work and take a great amount of affect, the public called them heroes, the future to peace and prosperity. in your opinion, there were no such things as... heroes. you were not one to say, society would believe anything nowadays, anything just to avoid negative truths.

you were dozing off, you sat on a couch in the corner of your room, a book in hand. you couldn't focus on the words as they became nothing but a blur to your vision.

you wanted to stay awake for a little longer, your brain was tense and alert, but your body was weak and tired. eventually, you succumbed to the darkness, letting your body finally rest after fighting the urges to not do so.

you awoke.

in your room, book in hand, on your couch that was settled in the corner... only, there were no life forms that you have yet to detect.

sarabi and simba were absent from your bed, no wrinkles seemed to indicate that they were there at all, almost making you think that you were going insane.

the room seemed dim, despite the amount of lights that you had left on, it was gloomy and eerie. you stood from your seat, placing the book on the couch to investigate the dreadful silence.

your hands slightly grazed over your bed as you walked by to the door, hesitating to place your hand on the handle. in the end, you did anyway. it was dark, the hallway was aligned  with numerous doors, nothing had changed, this was your home... yet why does it feel foreign to you.

you decided to not check the rooms for the killers, you didn't want to be added on the foe list for rudely invading their privacy. instead you walked down the hallway and stairs, this house was like a maze, you wouldn't deny. there were a lot of rooms, a majority consisting of mechanical tools and parts for work.

you manoeuvred around, finally in the door frame of your connected kitchen to the living room, a common room that you were much familiar with.

though something seemed off, there was something on the couch... rather someone.

it's skin was black, back facing you. many noticeable horns stuck out from the being, that was all you could identify before it turned its head, piercing red eyes that said death stared into your e/c ones. sharp teeth showed as it slightly grinned at you.

what the fuck

"y/n.." it had said, voice so deep you could almost compare it to a rumble, "please accompany me on this divine evening." it had invited, voice like a vibration that glided down your spine, leaving you to shiver.

reluctantly, you abided to its offer, making your way around the couch to sit besides the being. it shifted to face you more which gave you a perfect opportunity to scan the being's features.

it had red sclera's with black irises, some demonic symbol pasted onto its forehead as multiple mouths littered on its shoulders and torso. the multiple horns it had, faded into a red colour along with its legs and arms, both containing sharp and thin claws.

he was dapper, the way his legs seemed to be bridging over the edge of the couch indicates that this being was taller than it seemed.

"your stares flatter me." it chuckled, a really deep, low chuckle, "stop labelling me as an 'it'." he barked, clearly upset from the way
it— he frowned... you weren't one to assume genders but did that really matter at the moment? "your pretty little head must be filled with questions."

you pursed your lips before nodding head, confirming his retort, you parted your lips to talk but no words came out.

"you do not have the ability to talk in your dreams y/n." so this is a dream? how fascinating, you were never one to succumb into dreams but then again, you never really slept which explains why, he chuckled which caught your attention, "let us move on to what is more important, dear." he had lifted his clawed hands and draped it across the back of the couch as his other hand rested on his lap, "my name is zalgo and i have visited you to... talk." he seemed careful with his words, almost cautious of what he'd say next, "you show great potential and i couldn't bring myself to slide you away, unfortunately you had already met slender's pupils much to my dismay..." he groaned annoyingly, to which you raised a brow.

slender? pupils? potential??? what in supernatural bullshit is happening here.

"apologies y/n, you have much to be informed with. you see, i have a rival or rather an enemy who is manipulating you. this enemy of mine wishes nothing but destruction and death on this very planet and i have come to warn you about it." you squinted your eyes, edging the being to continue, "now, what i want you to do is follow my path, accept what i have to offer and help me take him down."

follow his path? what? as far as you knew, there were no paths needed to be followed. the more he spoke, the more questions rose.

"you must not trust the people you have refuged in your home, they mean nothing but to deceive you with their foul tricks." he leaned his frame slightly, which towered over you, "i will be back soon, dear." he lifted a claw, grazing it gently under your chin which made you crane your neck instinctively to avoid the sharp nail piercing your flesh.

everything seemed to turn into dust, the couch the two of you sat on along with the room in particular dispersed into dust, you turned your head to look at the being, him grinning at you as he too dispersed in a fit of dust.

sooner than later, you did too and—

—you jolted awake with a gasp, startling the felines on the bed.

————————————

i have motivation! my streak of updates is gradually improving

positivity through and through, despite me on the floor of a hotel room after giving up on brazil and croatia's match

QUICK NOTICE, i don't double check nor proof read my chapters which explain the gammer and spelling mistakes too!