𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥, 𝟎𝟗

THE CONSTANT TAPPING of your foot was the only thing cutting through the silence as you paced from behind the counter

"you mean to tell me you got ben in trouble and you can't get back unless he's here?" you repeated for the fourth time again while you went on back and forth with arms crossed.

masky glared, "look, we didn't know killing you would be so hard so we thought we could've at least gotten out of here with your security shut down and through them gates." he slouched his shoulders, fingers keeping hold of a cigarette that was unlit.

"i've proven to you that you can't kill me on our inconvenient encounters." you sighed disappointedly, "and i am the only one who can access the security system, next to ben since he has powers or some shit..." you trailed off, you shook your head regaining your composure and no longer had knitted eyebrows, "clearly this was an act of revenge, you're all sensitive about receiving a little shock from me, i know, i get it, most don't seem to like my first appearance." you shrugged dismissively, pulling out a chair and sitting down.

"so will you let us go?" hoodie queried.

"of course the fuck not?" you bit back, staring at his frowned mask with a 'are you dumb' look, "i'm not about to let some serial killers loose, that's going to affect the way people look at me."

jeff glared with arms crossed, "suck up bitch." he growled through gritted teeth.

you only nodded in reply, "look, your case is confidential and i am the only one who can look through it. i was forced to come here and find out why this case went frozen cold, i have a hard assumption that if i returned with nothing, the higher ups will kill me for it." you groaned, seemingly to get the quadro's attention, "you want out and... i want out, i'm in a bad situation and i can't loophole out of this one."

silence engulfed the room, the dead of night with its friendly creatures hooting in the darkness was the only faint noise that was heard, "ain't you the smart fucker?" jeff broke the uncomfortable silence, "surely you can get out of this."

you chuckled breathlessly, "as much as i enjoy the goose chase and look up to just drop out of this, i can't with my reputation and life on the line." you frowned slightly, which gave the killers a bit of pity and sympathy, "i'm only 20, i can't just let it end here."

masky was deep in thought, his unlit cigarette still in between his pointer and middle finger, not bothering about the awkward silence. in a matter of moments, his eyebrows lit up under his mask, an idea popping along.

"hey," he called out, his raspy and deep voice cutting through the silent room, "our lives are probably at stake here too since if our boss hears that we've been caught by you, then let's say it won't end pretty." he turned to hoodie who gave him a nod to continue, "so let's strike up a deal?" now this caught your attention, it felt like you were playing extreme chess, anything could happen and you needed to make the right move and choices.