Run Like The Wind

All the students filed into the waiting rooms newly dresses in their PE gear.

The tensions were high as they listened to Present Mic explain to the crowd what was going to be happening.

The students in Class 1A were especially nervous.

They had the most to lose.

All eyes would be on them afterall, they were the class that survived a villain attack.

Plus every other class in their year group hated them.

If they messed up, they were out of the hero course.

Everyone was doing there own thing.

Todoroki was standing quietly against a pillar doing his stoic I don't give a fuck face.

Bakugou was cracking his knuckles while kirishima tried to teach him a secret handshake.

Tokoyami was sitting in the corner while whispering to dark shadow.

Mineta had finally been found after two weeks (he was still a pervert but seemed to be more aware of Uraraka, Jirou and Tsuyu).

And everyone else was in various stages of panic attacks.

Pretty typical for the sports festival though.

All the students break eventually.

Things were going similarly in the other waiting rooms too. Especially classes 1C, 1D and 1E (1C,D and E are General Studies)

This was it for them.

They only get three chances.

If they mess it up they'll never make it into the hero course. They'll never achieve there dreams and they'll never be able to prove themselves.

They all glare silently at eachother from across the room.

Everyone is a threat.

A purple haired student stood brooding in the corner of one of these rooms.

He seemed to be the most determined.

Everyone is a threat.

And he was going to be the one to eliminate them.

Back in the 1B waiting room things weren't going quite so similarly.

"So the plan is to hang back during the first round, get a gage of the other classes quirks and fighting abilities so that in the second round we can beat whoevers left. Just make sure you stay in the top 50 since they usually eliminate around 100 people during round one leaving 50 people for the remaining rounds," Kendou says to her classmates that are gathered around her.

"This brilliant plan will help us prove to the world how superior 1B is to 1A" Monoma says as the class collectively groans at his annoying ass antics.

Kendo was about to give him a quirked hand chop to the back of the neck when Present Mics voice came in over the intercom. Signaling the beginning of the sports festival.

^^^^^^^+++++++^^^^^^^

All Might sat in his skinny form in the VIP section if the stadiums seats.

He was running out of time.

One for All was on its last legs and All Might still hadn't found a successor.

He had joined the UA staff to search through the next generation of heroes to see which would be the most promising candidate

He had considered Mirio, Sir Nighteyes candidate, but he seemed to have worked hard to master his quirk and work on becoming the best hero he can be. It seemed almost selfish to ask him to try and master a whole other quirk and set him back years when he already had such a promising future.