To Kill a Mafia Boss

(Second to last chapter, woo, so close yet so far, I will finish this story at around Christmas so  tune in for the last chapter)

The four villains enter the Yakuza hideout for what feels like the hundredth time. They felt an eeriness as they walked in, today was the day but they were the only ones here who knew that.

Zack and Ray nodded at Dabi and Toga before heading their separate ways.

The raid was scheduled to start soon and they needed to get back to there posts so that nobody would suspect them. They kept there burner phones on at all times as they waited for Yaoyorozu to give them the signal.

Ray opened the door where they were greeted by an excited Eri who jumped into the olders' arms.

"Hi Eri" Ray said with one of her rare smiles.

"Ray!!!" Eri said snuggling into her. She seemed to be both happy and scared. Ray looked back at a clock on the wall.

9:17am.

She would have just gotten back from here blood extraction. Poor thing.

Zack sat down on the bed and looked around the colourful room. He had to give it to Overhaul, even if he was a monster, he at least gave Eri a pretty cool room.

Ray placed Eri back on the ground and she ran up to Zack who was looking at her uncomfortably. Ray had always been better at dealing with kids because, hey, she was practically a kid herself, just a slightly bigger one. He, on the other hand, got really awkward around children, he didn't like killing them and he doesn't know how to be affectionate  so he was kind of stuck here.

"Zachary?" She asked innocently. Zack froze and Ray just started laughing.

"What did you just call me?" He asked confused. Eri shied back, sensing she had said something wrong.

"Chisaki said that Zack was just a nickname and that you full name was probably Zachary" Eri said backing away from him.

"My name's not--don't let that prick tell you-" He was cut off by her whimpering, he didn't mean to scare her so he just sighed.

"Just call me Zack" He said as Ray smiled at him.

Eri smiled brightly and sat on the bed next to him happily in a pleasant silence.

"Zachary" Ray said as Zack glared at her.  She just chuckled as Zack turned away defiantly.

"What was the question you wanted to ask?" He asked Eri who looked at him with a big smile.

"Well, you're really tall and I was just wondering...could I, please sit on your shoulders" She said looking up at the confused villain.

"My what?" He asks, making sure he heard correctly.

"Your shoulders, your just so tall and I want to see what it's like up there and I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked" Eri said whimpering. Ray gave Zack a smug look.

"Oh no Eri I'm sure he'd love to have you on his shoulders" Ray said making direct eye contact with Zack who was looking at the small child uncomfortably.

Her eyes light up like stars as she throws her arms into the air and her lips twitch in the faint outline of a smile. She reminded him of Ray like that.

He picked her up and let her get comfortable on his shoulders making sure her head didn't hit the ceiling, he was 6ft 1 after all, he didn't want her to bang her head on the low roof. She was nervous at first, desperately clinging to Zack's hair for balance but, after being assured that he was holding her legs and she wouldn't fall, let go. She held out her arms like an airplane and Zack walked around the room making her feel like she was flying.