Summer Camp

(100k words!!! Also 1 year anniversary of posting this story and also, this story should be finished by November so...yeah. Enjoy!)

"We need to talk" Jirou said making Ray's eyebrows raise suspiciously.

"About what?" Ray asks.

"First off, I would like to apologise" Jirou said genuinely.

Ray was taken aback. This girl, who had been a bitch to her since literally the day they met wanted to apologise. Why?

"I know I've been a dick to you for...awhile now but I wanted to say sorry" Jirou said, taking a deep breath.

"When I was in Junior high I had a friend who was quirkless. She was my best friend for as long as I can remember and I had a front row seat to all the discrimination she was objected to. For over 10 years I tried to help her through it but over the years I saw her breaking. She used to have panic attacks near daily and always came to school with bruises that wasn't from any student" Jirou explained, looking uncomfortable as she shared the memory.

Rays eyebrows just flew higher.

Is she trying to tell her, her sob story?

"Everyday I could see the light fade from her eyes and about 9 months ago, she decided to end it, by jumping off the top of a five storey building" Jirou explains as tears perk up in her eyes.

"And when I met you, you had the same look in your eyes that she did" Jirou said, staring at Ray now.

Zack and Ray share a look.

I guess she wasn't as dumb as she thought.

"And I decided that I didn't want to go through that again so I decided to emotionally detach myself from you by being the bully instead of the bullied" Jirou explained as Shouji put one of his hands on her shoulder.

Ray was not impressed.

"Jesus, you were scared that I was going to kill myself so you try to speed up the process?" Ray asks, very offended.

"What no!!... I didn't..." She trails off.

Ray laughs.

"Sure" She said, giving Jirou a look that teenage girls give to there enemies.

Jirou was taken aback.

This was not what she was expecting.

Shouji just looks at Ray.

"Why are you here?" Ray asks him.

"And why am I here?" Zack pipes up, not interested in this conversation in the least.

"I'm not going to deny that I was very stupid" Jirou said.

"But that isn't the reason we brought you here today" Shouji explains, with a serious voice.

"Then why are we here? If it's not to tell us to fuck off and jump off a building for not having a quirk" Ray said, crossing her arms and tapping her foot impatiently.

"We know you two are the Angels of Death duo" Shouji said quietly.

There was silence.

Ray and Zack stared at the two of them in horror.

Ray slowly reached for the knife that was waiting for her in her back pocket.

"Woah, calm down" Shouji said trying to back away slowly from the two mass murderers.

Ray pauses.

"How did you find out?" Zack asks, suspiciously.

Jirou and Shouji just look at them like it's obvious.