Chapter Twenty One-

A little over a month later and Ivy hadn't talked to James since that night. He had been glued to Christian's arm since the incident and hadn't even let himself be in within twenty feet of the bad boy. There was so much tension. Ivy could only feel guilt for what he'd done. James, though, could feel anger, sadness, and longing.

It made it easier that James had moved to sit by a different group of people. This was mostly forced by Christian, who had glared at the boy every day until he'd gotten the message. Even though Ivy had never told Christian about the incident, the dominant male was still greatly upset over the kiss in the dressing rooms. Ivy couldn't even begin to fathom what would happen if he'd told his boyfriend about what had.

Now, it was December the tenth . A Friday.

Christian and Ivy were walking out of the school hand in hand. They each had large smiles covering their faces and couldn't stop glancing at the other. Both were excited for Christmas and neither could wait.

"So, do I get a hint about my present?" Christian asked with a devious grin as he looked down at his skinny boyfriend.

"No!" Ivy giggled up at him, "I'm awful at giving hints, you'll probably guess it."

"I don't mind the suspense is killing me." Christian said as they neared his car. "C'mon-" He stopped talking when he saw James across the parking lot, standing with his back to the couple. When the Hispanic male glanced down, his short temper boiled when he saw that Ivy was staring at the other. His hand suddenly tightened painfully around Ivy's bony hand and the boy cried out in pain. "What the fuck, Ivy?" He snarled as he swung his boyfriend around to the front of him and pushed him against a random car.

"Do you live to piss me off?" Christian growled at the weak boy in front of him. "Why are you always staring at him, hm? Do you want to kiss him again? Be a whore again?"

Ivy let out a cry when Christian let go of his hand only to wrap his fingers around his pale throat. He didn't add pressure, but Ivy could feel the threat. Trying to get himself together, the smaller boy shook his head rapidly from side to side. "No. no, I promise. I wasn't looking at hi-" A choking sound filled the air as Christian finally tightened his large hands.

"You're going to stand there and lie to my face?" The larger male screamed in Ivy's red face. The boy's mouth was gaping open as he tried to breath and his eyes were wide and full of desperate fear.

There was a dangerous glint in Christian's nearly black eyes. A small sign that the boy Ivy usually knew had checked out and was now replaced by some sort of murderous monster. "You little bitch." The Hispanic growled. He pulled Ivy skin and bone body forward, then slammed it back against the car they were against. Small whimpers left the boy every time his body made impact and a dent was slowly caving behind him.

Loud footsteps were suddenly heard and then a tall body was ripping the abuser from the abused. Ivy dropped to the ground like a dead weight and all he could do was gasp and cough. His dark blonde hair fell into his eyes, only causing the blurriness to worsen. There was a type of fog that had settled over the boy's small and weakened body- almost like it was shutting down. His pain was gone and replaced by an odd numbness that beat with his heart.

Ivy thought he was dying. His breaths were still labored and a small part of his brain wondered if his heart would cease it's beating at the same time his lungs did. He was surprisingly calm. With the way the world blurred and the colors ran, Ivy could pretend that he was in one of his favorite Picasso paintings. With how the sounds of fighting were muted, he just wanted to sleep.

But then there was James. He had tears in his eyes and was leaning over Ivy and giving him CPR. The boy's eyes snapped to alertness and the fog that had surrounded him was gone. "Oh thank God," James murmured as he wept.

***

Ivy was laying on James' bed. He had his head resting on a pillow and all he could do was stare up into the other's eyes. James had his hand on either side of the boy's head while his legs rested on opposite sides of his body.

"James?" Ivy whispered in a scratchy voice, wincing as he said it.

"Yeah?"

"Will you kiss me?"

Words weren't spoken as James answered the question.

A/N

Do you like the new cover?

and just so you know, I LOVE fanart, so if you have any message me cx

Hope you enjoyed the chapter c:

VCF!