Chapter Thirty Six-

The sirens were loud and James let them take over his senses, blocking out everything thing else. The cruisers in front of him pulled into a house, it stood alone and was surrounded only by fields since they were on the outskirts of town. The outside was stained, white paneling- everything about it looked broken, except the door. It was new and even from the outside James could see the many locks that lined it up and down. It was made to keep someone in, and that someone was Ivy.

James threw open his doors and stood on the graveled ground. The police officers around him were gathering and the brunette searched around until he found Lewis, who had his gun drawn and was stern faced. They seemed hesitant and were talking in rushed voices, it was all bullshit to James. He just wanted them to move it along and save his boyfriend.

***

"Christian, p-put dow-n the gun." Ivy whimpered.

"Why though?" The Hispanic male asked.

Ivy shifted slightly and cried harder as his broken arm moved. "Please don't k-kill me!"

Christian bit his lip and raised his brows and everything about him screamed evil. "It's obvious that you're not going to love me, so, you'll die."

"No, I will lo-" Ivy stopped talking when he heard them, the sirens that to him were beautiful. His eyes shot to Christian who had stiffened and tightened his fingers around the gun. There was a tension in the air as the wailing grew, up until it was right outside- then it stopped. With blazing, dark eyes, Christian grabbed Ivy by his good arm and yanked him up so they were back to chest.

Cold metal pressed to Ivy's temple. "The first person that walks through that door is dead, if you scream you'll follow." The violent male whispered then placed a gentle kiss against his neck. Ivy bit his tongue as they waited, and even though it took a few minutes, there were eventually the pounding of the door breaking down followed by many foot steps.

While Christian had managed to drag the both of them to "their" bedroom, all the police were still searching the front room and kitchen from what it sounded like. Ivy desperately wanted for everyone to stay there, the thought of anyone dying because of him was nauseating.

Ivy held his breath when soft thudding was heard outside the door, someone was about to die.

Everything slowed down, even as everything sped up. The door was kicked open with a bang as it hit the wall and Christian pulled the trigger twice. A body hit the ground and it all seemed final, it took six seconds for someone to die- a life to be lost. Ivy squeezed his eyes shut, refusing to look at the dead body that now lay in the doorway. He refused to watch as more officers rushed to the room, he didn't even peek when Lewis spoke.

"Christian, let him go." The voice was so reassuring and Ivy sagged against his kidnapper, no longer having the strength to stand on his own two feet. Even the feeling of the now warm gun pressing back against his head made him move.

Ivy cracked his eyes open to see Lewis stepped over his fallen partner and in the room with them, everyone else remained outside with drawn guns. "Christian, you don't want to hurt Ivy." The grim officer said.

"But I have to." The tone of voice Christian used alone made the small boy flinch. it was so dead sounding.

"Why do you have to?" Lewis asked as he took a single, small step towards the two.

The question seemed to get to Christian, because suddenly the gun wasn't on Ivy, but Lewis. "IT SAYS I HAVE TO!" Christian yelled and the teen in his arms tensed. He sounded crazy, and essentially he was.

Even though Christian had obviously reached his limit and was still pointing a gun at him, Lewis was still calm as ever. "What says you have to?"

"The same thing that- that made me hurt him." A sob shook Christian's chest. "I had to hurt him!"

Lewis knew that Christian was extremely sick, his mind was so far gone, but it was obvious that demons also played a part this. With the Hispanic's next words, Lewis knew he was right. "My dad hurt my mom, now I have to hurt him." The gun was pressed harder against Ivy's temple, most likely leaving a mark.

"Christian." Lewis said sternly, "I watched my dad beat my mom everyday growing up. I have never hurt any of my partners. I grew up to be on the force so I could put people like him away, it was a choice. You chose to hurt Ivy."

Ivy felt the sob as it tore through Christian, but then he wasn't even near him. Now he was on the ground in pain where he'd been shoved. He looked up to see that the gun was now leveled at his face. Every heart beat was too fast,
and life was ticking away. Right as Ivy was watching the trigger being pulled back, the blue of Lewis' uniform came barreling into focus as he tackled the abusive male. The bang that sounded was terrifying.

Blood was splattered on Ivy's body and he felt numb. With wide eyes he saw Lewis fighting Christian into a pair of handcuffs and wondered where the blood came from. He searched the room frantically but no one was hurt, but people were around him. So much pressure.

Ivy looked down in horror at his legs as one of the officers knelt by them. On his left leg where his knee should be, there was a mangled mess of flesh, blood, and jean material. With a sick stomach the boy let himself pass out. He knew he would live and was safe- that when he woke he'd be with James.