Chapter Twenty Five-

(Ivy's face in media)

James sat on his bed, his phone pressed against his ear. He was tired and didn't understand why anyone would be calling so late. His eyes were barely open as he answered. "Hello?" He mumbled, half asleep. "James." Came Ivy's broken voice. In an instant, he was up and out of bed, his heart hammering. Just from the way Ivy said his name, James could tell he was in pain.

"Ivy, baby, where are you?" James rushed as he grabbed his keys. His mouth was slightly dry and he swallowed nervously when it took a while for Ivy to answer him. "Home. N-need help." And then the line went off and James looked down to see that he'd been hung up on. He ran for his truck and jumped into the driver's seat. With shaking hands he frantically started his truck and took off down the road, not thinking about his parents who would be mad in the morning, or of how many laws he was breaking. He had to get to Ivy.

As he drove, James dialed 9-1-1 into his phone and prayed for them to answer quickly. His hands were beginning to sweat as he neared the half way point to Ivy's house and he had to tighten his grip on the steering wheel to keep from letting go. Finally, James heard, "9-1-1 what's your emergency?"

"My friend, he's been badly beaten and needs an ambulance." James rushed as he took a sharp corner, the tires squealing.

"Okay, can you tell me the address?" The man's voice was nearly emotionless and James grimaced as he listed off the address to him.

"Okay, good. Can you tell me the extent of his injuries and both your names?"

"I'm James and it's my friend Ivy. I can't tell you his injuries but it's very bad. He needs to get to a hospital, I'm telling you he's been beaten!" James was fed up with all the questions, they distracted him from his driving. "Okay, James, please remain calm. An ambulance is on the way. Are the police needed?" James hesitated but said no.

He left his phone on the seat of the truck when he finally got to Ivy's empty looking house. His bare feet hit the ground shooting pain through them but he ignored as he got to the door. It was thankfully unlocked, the only problem was that James had no idea where Ivy's room was. He stood in the middle of the house's modern living room with a confused and worried look on his face. There was only one hallway and no upstairs, so there weren't many options, it was the fact that panic was beginning to surge over James' mind that made him hesitate. Then he remembered, once Ivy had said that his room was downstairs. So, with rushed steps, James ran to the door that was in a slight dip and ripped it open. It was Ivy's room.

James took the short stairs two at a time and was in the actual room under five seconds, but as soon as he got there, he wanted to vomit. There was blood all over the floor, things were torn down and broken, and Ivy... Oh, God. Ivy.

The abused boy was huddled into the corner of his room. His naked boy was battered and bloody, the scars from previous beatings on full display. His bones, they were so visible. James didn't realize just how much weight the boy had lost until now. His ribs, though covered by different shades of bruises, stood out so much, you could clearly count the gaps in between. His spine was so hugged by skin and even turned, James could see Ivy's hipbones. It was all too much to take in.

"Ivy." James whispered as a few tears slipped down his face. The boy didn't move, and James panicked even more. He quickly crouched down beside Ivy and put his fingers where a faint pulse beat for life.

James ripped a thin blanket off of Ivy's bed and wrapped it around the boy's broken body. Shudders wracked James as he carefully, as though holding glass, clutched Ivy against him. "It's okay baby boy, the ambulance is on it's way. You'll be okay. I pr-promise." James whispered as he rocked his body back and forth, trying to get a grip over himself. This was too much. Ivy was too broken.

Suddenly sirens were heard and James put his head down and sobbed into Ivy's blood matted hair. "They're here, they're here." He repeated and smiled shakily.

Ivy was going to be okay, he had to be.

A/N

So, a shorter chapter but two in two days! Yay!

I figured you guys didn't like the last chapter too much so I typed this one up real quick! Love you guys!

VCF