Chapter Ten-

James noticed something. He noticed how stiff Ivy was at lunch with Christian's arms wrapped around his small shoulders. He could tell the blonde was scared, he could see the fear in his green eyes. Along with... pain? At the look James sat up straight and stared intently at the 'perfect' couple.

"You okay Ivy?" The brunette, new boy asked.

At the question, Ivy shrunk into his boyfriends side, fear clouding his face. Ivy didn't want James talking to him, he didn't want to get in trouble, he didn't want to be belted again. Thinking of the cruel punishment the small boy closed his eyes, turning more into Christian's muscled side, making sure to put his back to James. "I'm fine." He said quietly, doing everything in his power to not cry.

Christian is not going to hurt me, ran through Ivy's head. He wished he believed it, but he didn't. The pain from Friday still lingered with him, the gouges down his back helping to remember. Ivy needed comfort, he craved it. To have strong arms holding him and telling him everything would be okay, to not worry. But, the only person he had for that was Christian; The one who caused the boy to need comforting.

It was a twisted game, what was happening in Ivy's life. He was being hurt by the one he loved. He knew it was wrong, knew it could escalate, but trusted Christian to not do it. After Friday he felt as though he'd put that gift into the wrong hands.

***

"Are you sure you wanna walk home, babe?" Christian asked with a worried expression, his eyebrows furrowed. Ivy nodded, not looking into the Hispanic males dark eyes, knowing he'd cave as soon as he did. The small boy didn't want to be in the same car as his boyfriend, it was the love of his life and he didn't even want to be alone with him

Christian was reluctant though, he didn't like the idea of his preciosa walking home alone. Eventually he backed off the subject, not wanting to upset Ivy, not wanting to make the boy uncomfortable. "Okay, but, if anything happens call me right away. I'll be wherever you are in seconds just to pick you up. I promise." The tanned male said then pressed a light kiss to Ivy's concealer covered cheek, careful of the hidden bruises. "Te quiero." He murmured then got into his car and drove away.

Ivy watched with a sense of longing, his heart cracking. Walking in the other direction of where Christian had gone, Ivy began the walk to his house, which just happened to be a two mile journey. It sort of sucked for Ivy, but he could only imagine how awkward it'd be to ask one of his friends to drive home and explain why he wasn't riding with Christian. The look on one of their faces when he said they were fighting, the couple who didn't even disagree on where to eat. It would be blasphemous in their eyes, an utter sin for the two boys to not be together and happy. If only they knew.

The pale, blonde boy continuously tugged at his sweater sleeves, the purple material suffocating his over heated body. He wanted nothing more than to take the damned thing off, to let the wind blow over his arms and cool him. While Ivy was busy messing with his clothes, James watched from down the street. He had been driving home when he'd seen the boy stopped on the sidewalk.

Now, James didn't mean to be stalkerish, but he couldn't help it. Ivy had been so off today, anytime he'd noticed someone looking at him he'd freeze up, this was James's chance to see what the blonde did when he thought no one was watching. There was no way in Hell that the new boy had thought he'd see what he saw as Ivy pushed up his sweater sleeves. Bruises. Dark and painful looking. They littered the visible skin on Ivy's forearm. It looked as though he'd been beaten.

Leaving his truck running and in the middle of the street, James ran to Ivy's form and grabbed his arm, staring at the dark marks and ignoring the boy's panicked gasps. "James-" Ivy began but was cut off by the others demanding voice, "Who did this?"

Sad green eyes were cast to the ground, refusing to answer as James stared at him with anger, confusion, fear, and worry. "Who, Ivy? Tell me." James pleaded in a less angered voice, his shoulders seemed to slump as he talked. The obvious marks on the pale boy's arm caused the brunette pain. Just because James hadn't known Ivy long, didn't mean he didn't care for him deeply. He had a definite crush on his friend, he just wanted to help.

Ivy barely glanced up, he was under pressure and scared. He couldn't physically lie, it'd be impossible. The truth was stuck in his throat, though, Ivy didn't want to say them, so when he actually spoke James didn't hear him. "Ivy, please speak up." He was also close to tears.

"Christian." The abused boy said, barely audible, but James heard it. His blood immediately boiled and fury built up in him, the hand and fist shaped bruises seemed more visible in his rage. Clenching his teeth and inhaling deeply, James said, "Christian, as in your boyfriend?" Ivy hesitantly nodded, still refusing to meet the other's eyes.

"Pl-please don't tell anyone, I will do anything as long as you don't tell." Ivy pleaded as he clasped his hands before himself. He was ready to beg, he'd do it. Nobody else could find out. Christian would get in trouble.

The next thing Ivy knew, he was being lead to James's truck and heading to his house.

***

James sat the scared boy on his bathroom counter, staring at the bruises in the harsh light made them look worse. He stared. He stared for what felt like hours but in reality was only minutes. He didn't care if it made Ivy uncomfortable, he needed to see what all had happened to his beautiful boy. It scared him, the thought of someone so innocent going through such pain, but when James noticed that the bruises trailed under Ivy's sweater, he made the simple command for it to be off and it was.

Ivy's body was in view, beautiful yet destroyed. Splotches of color decorated  the whole of his front and all of his arms. James sniffled and put his head on the smaller boy's knee, so that the brunette was bent over and resting. Cries escaped his lips. James knew he didn't have the right to cry but he couldn't help it. Damaged, Ivy was damaged and James wept for him.

"Is there more?" He asked in a rough voice.

"My back." Ivy answered carefully.

James didn't think it'd be that bad.

A/N

there you go! HAPPY NEW YEARS <3

Please VCF (: