Chapter Twenty Two-

"Oh, God, James!" Ivy sobbed into the boy's shirt. "I'm an a-awful boyfriend! I'm such a w-whore and-" He curled more into the other and took a deep breath so he could finish. "a slut! I don't deserve Christian, he's too good for me! And-" Sobs over took Ivy again and he broke down even more. A feeling of absolute self-hate took over him. Thoughts tormented his mind and different scenarios crushed his mind.

James just held the abused boy with a heart broken expression. He didn't know what to do or say. Letting his arms tighten around Ivy, James pressed a shaky kiss to the boy's forehead. "It's okay, baby-"

"Don't fucking call me that James!" Ivy screamed as he ripped himself from the other's arms. "I'm not yours! I have a loving boyfriend! It's not you!" Tears were still rushing form his eyes as he ranted. "Why won't you just leave me alone? I don't need you, I need Christian! My boyfriend! Stay away from me! I just- I can't-" He crumpled to his knees and gasped for breath, his arms wrapped around himself- trying to hold himself together. "I can't do this, James." He whispered as the taller boy kneeled beside him.

"Yes, you can. I know this because you're strong and amazing." James pressed another kiss to Ivy's cheek then nuzzled his nose against it. "Lets go to bed before my parents get home, okay?"

Ivy absently nodded and let his exhausted body be carried away.

***

Ivy looked down at James' sleeping form, letting an almost non-existent smile lift his lips. He bit his lip for a few moment before running his small, bony hands through the others thick hair. After several minutes of hesitating, Ivy took his hand away and whispered, "I'm sorry, and I love you. Forgive me, James." Then he walked with quiet steps out of the room, then out of the house. When he was out the front door and had it shut securely behind him, a tear slipped from the corner of his eye. He knew what would await him when he got home to Christian. Pain.

It was a long walk home, especially at midnight when the streets were practically dead. It gave Ivy time to think, though. For his mind to adjust to everything that had happened over the day. First good, then bad, then worse.

Everything seemed to be falling down around Ivy. His relationship, his friendships, his life. Nothing was under his control anymore. It was all under... Christian's. He knew this but couldn't accept the fact that that was a bad thing. In his mind that was okay, Christian was supposed to rule over the things in his life, that's how it worked.

Not paying any mind to the ground beneath him, Ivy suddenly tripped. His feet flying behind him and knees and elbows smacking the ground. A hiss of pain left his pale lips and Ivy sat back on his haunches, trying to rid himself of the pain. The fall forward had caused his neck to hurt, also. The bruising there was dark and severe, throbbing every time he moved his head. Now, this moment just seemed to prove his thoughts. Everything was falling down around him. He almost started crying- almost. Suddenly, to the side of him on the sidewalk, Ivy saw a small movement.

He turned his head slowly and smiled, his mood lifted slightly at the sight before him. A small, pale, almost blonde kitten sat there. It's eyes were wide and the short tale swished from side to side, an unnerving look decorated it's cute face. Wincing, Ivy lent forward onto his knees and gripped the small kitten and cuddled it into his arms. "Hey baby." He whispered sweetly, noticing how scrawny it was, it's ribs poking from it's body. "You wanna come home with Ivy?" The abused boy asked. A small meow was his only answer. "I'll take that as a yes." He giggled. After standing and beginning to walk again, Ivy said lowly, "Lets get some food in you." And maybe I can eat too.

***

The next morning, Christian woke to find Ivy and a kitten curled up on top of him. He had to do a double take. First of all, he never thought he'd wake up to Ivy with him- the boy he'd choked just the afternoon before. Second of all, there was an adorable kitten. Groggily rubbing his dark brown eyes, the Hispanic male yawned.

When he'd gotten his eyes cleared, Christian guiltily avoided the dark black bruising that covered his lover's neck and instead kissed his pale cheek. When Ivy began to stir, Christian said, "Preciosa, who is our little visitor?"

The question woke the boy and he snapped his eyes open, letting the green orbs roam around the room for a few seconds before they landed on his boyfriend's face. A grin over took Ivy's gaunt face and he gently sat up with his arms protectively around the pale kitten. "This is Finny! I found him last night! Isn't he adorable?" Christian nodded and sat up also, only to wrap his arms around his boyfriend and the cat- now known as Finny. "Yes, very cute."

The Hispanic male sighed and very, very gently kissed the bruising around the pale boy's neck. "Are we okay? James didn't-"

"No, Chris, me and you are fine. I love you."

Christian sighed nervously and smiled, "Good, because I have an important question to ask you." Ivy nodded and watched as a small sweat broke out on his boyfriend's forehead and he leaned over and grabbed something small out of his night stand drawer.

The more dominant of the two turned back and smiled at his little boyfriend and new pet. Licking his dry lips, the male cleared his throat then winced. "Um, I just want you to know that I've signed up for anger management classes and have already paid for the first ten classes." Ivy smiled widely, an entirely pleasant feeling settling in his stomach. "With those, I am going to get better, for you-for us." After saying this, Christian held up the small object: a ringbox. "Would you do me the honor of becoming my husband?"

A look of pure surprise covered Ivy's pale face and he froze. Christian looked about sick as he waited for the answer. He didn't know what was running through his boyfriend's mind. He didn't know that the first thing that popped into the pale boy's head was James, and how much he loved him. Christian didn't know anything.

The silence was deafening and Christian nearly cried in relief when his lover looked up at him a whispered in a small voice, "Yes."

When the two hugged, Ivy began to cry, but the thing was, he didn't know if they were of joy or sadness.

A/N

Don't hate me.

Since I hadn't updated in so long I made this a bit longer than usual and added LOTS of drama cx The cat will be an important... character (?)

This is dedicated to @sp00ismx for making a cover for my new book Save Me, Badboy (: If you guys read it I SWEAR not to discontinue it! Oh, and please go follow my friend @of_pierced_brides *.*