Chapter Twelve

The next day at school Ivy wanted to break down several times. Not only was he constantly looking over his shoulder, making sure James wasn't anywhere near him, but he also had to quit volleyball and cheer leading today. The marks and pain from what Christian did to him was becoming obvious. In both his jerseys he could see the gashes on his back and it hurt too much to do anything that related to sports. Tears clouded Ivy's eyes when he told his coaches, both wanting to know why he was quitting so suddenly.

During lunch, Ivy sat beside Christian, his small body pressed as close as he could get it to. The pale boy had seen James in a few of his earlier classes and had successfully avoided him, but now, he had to sit at the same table as the new boy who had found out his secret. Fear flashed through Ivy when Zayn sat down with James.

Soon enough, the three other Hispanic males sat down, spread out around the large purple table. Everyone saying overly loud greetings and acting as if they hadn't seen each other in years when in reality it'd only been a few minutes, well, everyone except Ivy. He had his face in Christian's chest just to avoid James' burning stare. The eyes that were practically glued on him caused sweat to run down the small boy's back, anxiety taking him. The heat from the large hoodie and the nerves made Ivy's body shake slightly and wish to disappear.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Christian whispered lowly in his boyfriend's ear, the worry in his voice very evident.

"Nothing, I- just feeling a little hot."

"Okay, if you need me to take you home tell me." Ivy nodded at Christian's words and then lifted his head, trying to seem fine. Though it didn't work very well because as soon as he did he saw James' face. His mouth set in a slight frown and eyes cold with sadness and anger.

***

Ivy sat by Christian as they drove home; His pale hand twined with the Hispanic males. They hummed along to a tune that played faintly in the background, the silence comforting. The blonde traced his small fingers over his boyfriend's and giggled quietly when Christian asked, "Are you trying to memorize my hand or are you just bored? If you're bored I don't know why, the drive is literally five minutes."

"I just like touching you." Ivy said quietly, smiling as they pulled into his drive way, parking behind the red Jeep that belonged to his parents.

Christian grinned and got out to open Ivy's door for him. "I love you, preciosa." He murmured as they walked towards the front door, the two could already hear the TV that was always on too loud. "Love you too, Chris."

When they walked inside the first that they saw was Greg, Ivy's dad, holding Tessa, his mom, against the wall and kissing her, a hand up her blouse. Ivy let out an extremely unmanly squeal and covered his eyes with Christian's hand. "Mom, Dad! What are you doing?" He yelled, voice high and embarrassed. Who's wouldn't be after seeing their parents making out?

Christian chuckled as he covered his small boyfriend's eyes, his own tan cheeks having a slight red tinge. "Hey." He said in an awkward voice, glancing anywhere except the married couple that tried to fix their hair and slightly disheveled clothes. "H-hello Christian." Greg said as he patted his blonde hair down, making it look less... sex-like. "Tessa and I are just gonna, um, go out." He rushed and grabbed his wife's hand, her own face flushed red. "See you boys soon, don't do anything sexual!" The older man called as he slammed the door behind him, leaving Christian and Ivy alone in the living room.

"Oh my fudge, I'm scarred for life." Ivy said in a mortified voice, blush covering his face.

"Darling, feel better, I walked in on some pretty bad stuff with my parents." Christian said, the humour in his voice now faked, and Ivy could tell. So, dropping the Hispanic male's hand from his eyes, Ivy bit his lip then asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well," Christian began, leading them both to the couch so they could sit, "I often walked in on violence."

"W-what do you mean?" The smaller boy asked, pulling his legs onto the couch so he lean comfortable into his boyfriend.

"What I mean is that my dad liked to hit my mom, a lot." Ivy gasped at the words, his hand flying over his mouth. He hadn't known this. Nothing like this was ever mentioned. All Ivy knew was that the family hadn't gotten along so Christian moved into his own place, Ivy didn't know it was something that serious. "He would drink all the time, whether it was going out to bars or bringing home a pack. It was constant and he'd get angry. It was over the smallest things too, the dishes not being done, or the windows being open. He'd find any excuse to hit my mom." The taller male sniffed and wrapped a muscled arm around Ivy.

"Sometimes he would just work himself into a rage and beat my mom unconscious, leaving me to take care of her." Christian's voice cracked and tears trickled down his cheeks, looking out of place on such strong features. The sight broke Ivy's heart, knowing what his boyfriend had gone through, having to grow up and look after his hurt mother. Leaning forward, the blonde pressed a small kiss to Christian's neck and sighed, "You didn't deserve that."

"And you don't deserve what I do to you." Christain said in a broken voice, now realizing he did to his boyfriend what his father did to his mother, causing Ivy to pull back and look into his dark brown eyes. The green color of Ivy's darkened in sadness, "You don't mean to, though, it's not your fault." He said quickly, "Besides, I usually start the fights we get in, you can't blame yourself."

"Yes I can!" The larger teen growled, fist clenching. "Every time I lay an unloving hand on you I want to die. Baby- I don't know how you even lo-"

"Stop!" Ivy said, getting out of Christian's arm and standing in front of him. "You grew up watching your father hit your mother, of course you do it to me! But guess what? I still love you, and it's because I know you don't mean it and will someday stop. Please," Ivy's voice drained of his previous energy and was now sounding like a beg, "forgive yourself, nothing is your fault."

A/N

SORRY for not updating last week, I was feeling bad and had writers block ):

Anyways, I do not agree with Ivy, but sorta/kinda poor Christian

Favorite band/singer/composer?

I love Bring Me the Horizon and TøP

VCF