Chapter Twenty Three-

Ivy stared down at his hand, well- the ring on his finger. He couldn't believe that Christian had proposed. He knew it would happen one day, just not now. They were still in high school for God's sake! Ivy couldn't process it, it's been a few days but it was still running through his mind.

Ivy loved Christian with all his heart. They were meant to be. Now they would be together forever. He didn't understand why he was so conflicted. Was it because of the punishment? It had stopped since the proposal, the classes Christian went to now really helped. Everything was getting a lot better. What could possibly make him iffy about marrying the love of his life?

Somewhere in his heart, Ivy knew it was James. The boy who had kissed and comforted him after Christian went on a rage. The boy he loved, but wasn't in love with.

Ivy took his eyes away from the conflicting ring of silver the  slipped it off his finger. He only wore it when he was alone or around Christian because they hadn't told anyone yet. He knew people would be happy for him, but him and Christian had decided that they'd wait for the right time. Ivy didn't want James to know. He could only imagine the look of disappointment and sadness that would be in the other boy's eyes.

It was like he couldn't do anything right. Christian hurts him when he does something wrong while James tries to make it better, but by being with his true love, Ivy was hurting someone he couldn't lose.

Tears rushed to Ivy's eyes as he crushed his fingers around the ring. Sobs were muffled only by his arms and his shaking hidden barely by the blanket over his body. Nothing was right.

***

Ivy was right. The next day in the cafeteria during lunch Christian had decided to announce their engagement. Everyone clapped and congratulated them. Everyone except James who just sat at his table in the back with a desperately sad look. There were so many different emotions swirling in his eyes and Ivy knew he'd caused all of them. Sadness, disappointment, hurt, anger, hate, love. All of them scarring Ivy, he didn't like those emotions. Not at all. 

It wasn't till the end of the day that Ivy got the chance to talk to James alone. Christian left school early because he'd gotten sick. Was it entirely awful that Ivy was kind of glad to not have Christian around? He hoped not.

As Ivy rushed towards the parking lot so he could catch up with James who was unlocking the door to his truck. "James!" Ivy yelled as he ran across the parking lot, but he only received a short look. "Please, James, wait!"

The brunette got into the truck and Ivy nearly lost hope, but then he noticed that it wasn't started and that James was just sitting there. When he finally got to the truck, Ivy carefully got into the passenger's side and caught his breath. When he looked up at the other male, he could only focus on how tight he was gripping the steering wheel, his knuckles were white.

"How could you?" James grit out, a stone cold expression on his handsome face.

"Please, Ja-"

"You left me, and now you're engaged to him. How could you? I was prepared to wake up to you, and make you a breakfast so you could eat. But you left." James' voice cracked and a single tear slipped down his cheek.

"I couldn't stay, Christian would be mad." Ivy explained meekly.

"And he would hit you, right?" James asked bitterly, finally turning to look at Ivy with heart broken eyes. "No! He's taking classes, he hasn't hurt me in a few days. He's getting better, for us-" Ivy was cut off as James suddenly exploded in anger. "But what about us? I fucking love you Ivy! Can you really not see that?"

Ivy sat for a few seconds, absolutely shell-shocked. "James-"

And then the more dominant male was leaning across the seats and had Ivy in a lip lock. His hands were holding the small teen's face as he worked their lips together. It was an angry kiss, all the emotions that James had built up over the day were now being let out.

When James pulled away didn't expect to be pushed down on his seat, or to be kissed, but he just went along with it. Ivy's fingers were woven through his hair and their tongues were roaming each others mouths. When the abused boy put his leg over James to straddle him, he pushed down on the handle that made the seat lean back- and everything was suddenly a lot hotter.

Ivy moaned into James' mouth and let out a breathy whine, "James!"

"Fuck, Ivy..." James growled then began to kiss at Ivy's neck, sucking but not enough to leave a mark. "Please, more." Ivy breathed out as he closed his eyes in pleasure. It had been so long since he'd been willing in any sort of sexual action. He didn't flinch when James put his large hands under Ivy's jeans and gripped his bum, in fact, he moaned. 

Suddenly, Ivy began to move his hips in a slow, sensual motion. The friction between the two made James whimper and grip Ivy tighter. "Don't stop." He ordered in a broken tone, pleasure washing over him. The way Ivy moved, it was beautiful and dirty all at once. James never wanted it to end.

It was moan after moan, and whispered words of euphoria. It was amazing, because Ivy felt truly loved. James didn't try to take his clothes off or tell Ivy to do something he didn't want. It was at Ivy's pace, and he got to control what happened.  When they had both reached their high, it was together and Ivy actually loved it.

By the time James drove Ivy home, it was dark and they both had awkwardly damp jeans.

A/N

so... #jivy smut? cx (;

I thought you guys deserved this after last chapter

VCF (: