Epilogue

One Year Later

Ivy inhaled sharply as the needle pierced his skin, he let his hand tighten drastically around James' and curse. With grit teeth, he asked, "Is it almost done?" He could see his boyfriend grinning and glared, the feeling was awful, he never thought getting a tattoo would hurt so bad.

"Almost babe," James laughed and pressed his lips against Ivy's white knuckles.

After a few more minutes, Ivy felt the rag drag over his skin and the artist, Tevin, sigh. "All done, kid."

James smiled and helped his smaller boyfriend sit up off the table. Looking down at his torso, Ivy nearly cried, and not from the dull ache that settled there. Across his skin, where he'd once had a scar reading 'MINE' was now a beautiful tattoo. Over a gorgeous blue and gold back were the words 'Never a Victim, Forever a Fighter'. Those words that had first been said to him by James when he'd woken in the hospital after being saved from Christian. For the rest of his life, Ivy would carry those words with him.

With teary eyes and a happy smiled Ivy looked at his tattoo artist. "Thank you so much, Tevin."

The male grinned brightly, his snake bites catching the light. "Welcome, kid. Thanks for letting me be part of this."

With a nod, still black hair bouncing, Ivy had James help him to the ground then grabbed his crutches. While his right foot rested on the ground, what was left of his left one uselessly stayed in the air. Even though a shot to the knee wasn't fatal, they'd had to amputate.

With a final goodbye, James helped Ivy outside and to their truck, both happy. Everything was going right, even if life wasn't perfect. They still had amazing friends, Christian was getting the help he needed, and they had each other.

***

When the two stepped into James' new, small apartment Ivy was relieved. He was tired after getting something so stressful done to his body, and even if it didn't hurt as bad as being beaten, he was slowly learning to know that smaller thing could be painful also, and it was okay to admit it. While he was relieved, though, James seemed anxious.

Ivy looked at his boyfriend with curious eyes and pressed a short kiss to his jaw. "What's wrong, J?"

He watched at the taller teens throat bobbed, a sweat breaking out on his tan skin. He looked so nervous and scared, Ivy just wanted to know what was wrong, he didn't like James acting so off. "Seriously, babe. What's the matter?"

Ivy squealed when he was suddenly lifted into the air and then plopped onto James' lap as they landed on the couch. He giggled sheepishly and leaned into his lover. "What was that for?"

James ran a hand through Ivy's freshly died black hair and coughed once, twice, three times. Finally he asked, "Ivy?"

"Yeah?"

The small boy looked up and their eyes locked. "Would you marry me?"

A/N

THAT'S ALL . IT'S OVER. I'M CRYING.

Guys, I can't believe it's over. I loved writing this story, and I love all of you.

Besides this I have other books; Saving the Broken, Strange, Fragile Wings, and Escape (COMPLETED)

AND A NEW STORY WILL BE POSTED OCTOBER 15TH. THE TITLE IS 'GONER' AND IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME.

VCF, I love you all.