Chapter Twenty Seven-

The week after Ivy told the truth was hectic. He was interviewed by police, checked over by doctors, and worried over by friends. He had to stay in the hospital for awhile so that his ribs could heal a bit, those with the rest of damage on his body would have made things very difficult. All of it was so scary and stressful, and what made it worse was that Christian had disappeared. Nobody had any idea where he went. After the police had searched Christian's house they'd found a lot of things missing, he'd skipped town. There was no evidence to tell where he might have gone, or if he planned to come back.

At all times there was a police officer outside of Ivy's hospital room. It was scary, for Ivy, he wished he hadn't told. He just wanted to go to how things were. With Christian by his side and friends that loved him, parents that trusted him. Since finding out that Christian was the one who did all of this, Zayn, Tyler, Tony, and Billy hadn't visited. Ivy didn't know why. He thought it was probably because they hated him, that they were angry he'd ratted Christian out. That just seemed most likely in Ivy's mind.

And his parents! Neither of them seemed to trust Ivy anymore, or maybe it was themselves that they didn't trust. Ivy remembered how much they loved Christian, how excited they were when they found out he'd proposed. The tears in his mother's eyes when the doctors had explained the extent of the damage, they didn't leave out any detail. His dad had broken down when he'd found out about the rape. It was almost like he felt the pain for Ivy. Now they were just tip toeing around him, like he would break at any time, and though Ivy hated, he understood. He felt like he'd break at any moment, Hell, he was already broken. But that doesn't mean he hated the treatment any less.

At the moment, Ivy was sat up in bed watching the news. The usual broadcaster was speaking, and the words made him want to vomit. Everybody had already known, Ivy didn't understand why they needed to remind people. The woman had a solemn look on her face as she said, "Today marks the seventh day that Christian Alvarez has been on the run. After beating his fiancé Ivy Hunters and sending him to the hospital, Christian has not been seen. Though Ivy has refused questioning, friends of his-" Ivy switched the TV off and put his head in his hands. "Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry."  He chanted to himself and bit his lip to keep the tears at bay. "Stop being pathetic."

"Hey." Ivy startled at James' voice and looked up. "I promise, you are not pathetic. I don't know how you could think something like, but it's not true. You're the strongest person I know."

Ivy blinked and turned away, flinching when the bed dipped. James' hand lightly pushed Ivy's still bruised face so that they were facing each other. "There's that beautiful face." James said then pressed a soft his to Ivy's cheek.

"When do they take this off?" The taller male said as he brushed his thumb against the bandage over Ivy's eye. Before Ivy could say anything a female voice said, "Today actually." Both turned to see a nurse in pink scrubs smiling at them from the door. She stepped in and Ivy smiled softly, "Hello Claire." She ruffled his hair slightly and grinned, "Hi, sweetie. Ready for this to come off?"

"Yeah," Ivy said softly.

Claire nodded and took a cotton swab off the tray that had already been sitting in the room. After wetting it, she ran it lightly over the tape that held the bandage to Ivy's face. Before peeling it off she hesitated and said, "Now, the eye will still be pretty damaged. Many of the blood vessels ripped and the coloring will still be very red, okay?" Ivy nodded and held James hand. He winced slightly at the feeling of the tape coming off his skin and blinked a few times when the light hit the once covered eye. It burned slightly and Ivy wanted to cry.

When he could actually keep the eye open, Ivy looked around and lightly put his fingers to the tender skin under his brow. James squeezed his hand and kissed his cheek again. "You look fine, you just need to heal."

Claire held up a mirror and Ivy winced at his appearance. The skin that had been covered was still a dark purple and a cut adorned the area below his eye. The eye itself though, was terrifying. It was still a red color and it terrified him. "It will all be healed and normal in about a month. There isn't much more we can do for it unfortunately, and the cut will scar. But, you're not blind, and that was one of our concerns." The nurse smiled again and cleaned up. "Someone will be by in an hour with lunch. Bye, hon'." Ivy nodded at her as she left and leaned into James.

"I want to go home." The abused boy whispered quietly.

James closed his eyes and nodded. They sat like that for a few moments in silence. It was interrupted by the officer outside his door, "Mr.Hunters, there are some people here to see you." Ivy looked up and gasped when seeing Zayn, Billy, Tony, and Tyler standing outside looking sad.

A/N

So, there's this.

Also, I have two new stories. Strange and Fragile Wings! Please check them out!

VCF