chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

Sae absolutely loves a good party, but one that possibly involves alcohol. Orientation party is not the kind of party she loves. But Stella has dragged her with her after making her change her casual outfit into a pastel yellow dress that came ti her mid thigh.

She tried to convince Stella to leave her alone, but she used the guilt card. Stella dissaporved of Sae skipping class and especially hanging out with Riven. And she had a good reason, which Sae casually ignored; like she did with all her problems.

They were headed to the table with food, when Stella stopped her. "Wait, is that Sky? And Bloom?", Stella scoffs and hurriedly walks towards the two, Sae slowly trailing behind.

She understood Stella's anger, in a way. She thinks she'd be angry with her boyfriend too if he was flirting with another girl.

"Sky, can we talk?", Bloom looks embarrassed as we approach them, not meeting anyone's eyes as she walks away. Sky seems too annoyed for a guy seeing his girlfriend after so long. "I haven't seen you all day."

"Summer, Stella. All summer.", Saw brows furrow, focus completely out of the their conversation as she got lost in her own thoughts.

Guilt swirled in her chest as she realizes her bestfriend broke up with her boyfriend, even before summer, and she hasn't noticed at all. She thought they were together all this time.

It made her realise just how much she missed through the three months of summer break. When she should've been with her friends, doing absolutely nothing, she had to stay at home and train.

Her fists clenched around, her fingernails dipping inside of the tender skin of her palms. She sucked in a deep breath, there were too many mind fairies around her right for her to feel something like that right now.

"Let's go.", Stella grabbed one of her hands and dragged her along with her away from the crowd. Sae looked around, confused trying to see where Sky left. "Wait, what happened?", Sae finally managed to stop a fuming Stella just outside of their suite.

"You wanna know what happened?", she sharply turns around to face Sae, her face red from the anger bubbling inside her. Sae did her best to keep her composure.

"What happened is, I broke up with my boyfriend and I was going through hell for months and my, supposedly, best friend didn't even manage to text me back. Not one call was answered or received. No one in my life cared, and I thought... hmm, maybe my best friend would. But stupid me for thinking that!", Stella finished her rambling, thankfully without anyone hearing her talk.

Stella is fuming, eyes starting to glow a gold color, her hands in fists. Sae shook her head, she knew her friend wouldn't hurt her, despite the rumours from last year.

"I didn't ignore you, Stel. And you know that.", Sae starts. "Out of all the people you should know that I'd never do that. I had no choice. " she explains herself, looking at Stella with pleading eyes, but the blonde girl didn't falter.

"My dad had me, pracitcally, locked up the whole summer. Do you think I wanted to ignore you? Do you really think that I would ignore the only person that can actually tolerate me?", at the last sentence, Stella's eyes dulled and a small chuckle escaped her lips.

Sae was glad her friend wasn't mad anymor, but all she could think about was that she doesn't ask anymore question about the summer break and her training.

Suddenly Stella's face fell as she hit her forehead. "Uhh, now that you mention your dad, I - uhh", she stammers as the smaller girls looks at her expectantly. "Spit it out."

"Dowling told me to tell you to see her when you get settled.", she murmus, her head falling down in guilt. But Sae just waves her hand. "Oh, that. Yeah, like four people told me today and Callum has told me at least ten times." They both share a laugh, everyone knew how Calum was.

"Well, you better go, beacuse i think he saw us walking out of the party." Stella smiles slightly.

As the light fairy goes inside the suite, the dirty blonde girl walks away in the way of Dowling's office. Mentally preparing herself for the torturous conversation she's about to have.

"Sae. Finally, sit please.", Sae onlyooks at Dowling, not even moving an inch. Dowling sighs and nods lightly as she stands up from her seat too. Hands crossed behind her back, just like Sae, she walks towards the window.

"I heard you've been training hard this summer.", Dowling says, Sae couldn't decipher the sound of her voice, she couldn't tell if she was impressed or annoyed. Sometimes she wished she was a mind fairy just to see what everyone's thinking.

"I have been, yes. ", Sae answers, twirling her bracelet around her wrist. Dowling now turns towards her.

Dowling sighed, walking towards the girl, she stood right in front of her. "Look, Sae, I know it's been hard." She starts and Sae can't help herself but scoff at that. "But they are trying, you need to be ready. You can not afford to lose control. Now that the sightinGs have been confirmed - ", Sae cuts her off.

"Sightings? They were literally there, killing the people I know. And I couldn't do anything because they kept me inside. Training me, when I could've helped! ", she wasn't yelling but her words were rushed and her voice straining. She wanted to yell, but she still knew who she was talking to. "Sae you know who you are. You know why they did it. You can't just go out in the danger.", Sae only rolled her eyes, of course she knew who she was, and that's exactly who she didn't want to be.

"Sae, you are a Princess, you still have so much to learn, and he wants you the best.", Dowling puts a gentle hand over her shoulder, wanting to ease the tension, acting as if she knows what the poor girl's going thorugh. "Of course, can't have the Princess losing control." Sae once again rolls her eyes when the word leave her mouth, the word princess like poison on her tongue.

She hated the bitter taste it left in her mouth and the tight chest it left her with. "And I thought I was here for that, I hoped I could have a summer for myself finally. But I guess I thought wrong."

"Sae, you have to understand - that is your duty. And you had time, but you made sure to speed up the process." Sae's cheeks got redder by the second, her anger bubbling inside her. She knows. She knows what she did and she has to live with it. She doesn't need people reminding her about it.

So, with one last look she turns on her heal and bolts towards the door. And right before she could slam the door shut she hears Dowling say. "Stop skipping classes, it's gonna get you in more trouble."

Sae flat-out lied to Musa in the first chapter