chapter twenty-one

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Sae walked hurridly towards where the specialist were training, that's where she was waiting for her. Just as she was about to open up her mind Rosalind beat her to it. "You're late. Again.", Sae huffed as every specialist who heard Rosalind turned around. "I was helping Bloom with that book.", the lie slipped out easily and Rosalind just hummed in response. She looked behind her, seeing Sky shaking his head at her disaprovingly and Riven smirking. 

"Let's go.", Sae walked slowly behind her, making a motion of putting a noose around her neck and hanging herself as both Riven and Sky snickered at her antics. "Help me!", she mouthed when she realized they were once again walking in the direction of stone circle. "I can see you.", Rosalind said in front of her, which made her trip over herself and look at her. But she could hear the boys laughing behind, their laughter bringing a smile on her face.

"Since you were helping Bloom with the book, as you said, I suppose you know which element Blood Witches have.", Rosalind started once they were at the stone circle and Sae nodded her head. "Blood.", she replied simply. 

"Yes. But the Blood Witches ar enot the only ones that can control blood.", Rosalind stopped a few feet away from the centre, waiting for Sae to stand there. "Water fairies can too. I know that.", she said bitterly. "I believe you know a water fairy that has done that."

"Knew.", she mutters. "I knew a person that did that." Rosalind nodded waiting for her to continue. "My mother used it. And then they murdured her.", Rosalind only hummed in response again. The sound making Sae irritated by second. 

"Do you want to see what happened that day?" Sae wasn't sure if she could handle seeing everything that went down. But Rosalind got inside of her mind when she was distracted, making the girl not able to do anything about it. 

The pictures weren't clear in her head, snippets flew past her eyes of the day Rosalind would never forget. Sae could see her proffesors fighting against the evil, Silva, Andreas, Harvey, Dowling, Rosalind and even Solaria's Army, her own father and mother fighting with them too.

It happened fast, she could feel the seering pain as she watched her mothers eyes gorw from blue to dark red as she used her power to control the blood of their enemies. Horrified looks from everyone around them, pointed at her. 

Then the fight was over, her mother was crying, her father wouldn't even look at his own wife. She was lead into the underground of the school, sending her into some kind of light. It looked familiar but Sae couldn't put a finger to it. 

Then it all stopped, Sae blinked her eyes rappidly, gasping for air as she clutched on the grass with her hands, her knees and fingers digging into the dirt. She could feel the cold air hitting her wet cheeks from the tears streming down her face. 

"Why did you show me this?", Sae wanted for her voice to come out strong, but it was choked by a painful sob. "I'll leave that for you to find out. The sooner you figure it out the better.", Rosalind answered her calmly. "Go rest, you're dissmissed of all your classes today.",  she said, starting to walk away. "You did good today, you didn't let the power overtake you because of the sudden pain. I could see your eyes, for a moment there I thought you'd freeze us over." Sae wasn't sure if she meant it as a joke, but either way, she didn't find it funny.

It took a while for her to even get her breathing back to normal, but even when she did calm down and when her feet took her back to her suite, her mind was a jumbled mess. 

"Okay, ladies.", Riven gives a sly smile as he puts down three drinks down on the table of the three fairies. "Figured you for Ipa kinda girl. Yeah? Crisp, packs a punch. Stout for themind fairy. Smooth, takes you rmind off all the the emotional shit.", Flora watchs with a slight blush on her cheeks, but Musa only lifts an eyebrow at the behaviour. "Thanks, Riv.", his face falters for a second as he looks at her, but continues to hand out the drinks. "For you Terra, cider. It's got a bit of alcohol, but it's basically a fuzzy apple juice." - "That's really lovely, thanks."