chapter twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

"Come on!", Riven whisper-yelled as the pair ran through the dimly lit corridors of Alfea. Sae's giggles and their steps echoed, the guards yelling seemed far away behind them but still too close for their liking.

They were trying to sneak out, and they would've been successful if it weren't for Andro's guards that Sae father had watching her every step at the alumni banquet. Riven noticed them before her, and he pulled her away, they were running all around the school the hallways mostly familiar to them.

"Are you even running?", Riven took a look over his shoulder, his arm extended behind him, and hers in front of her as they held on tightly. "You try running in heels!", she defended herself, big smiles on both of their faces.

"Princess Sae!", one of the guards yelled, the bright light of his flashlight illuminating them for a second from their right side. "Shit!", Riven cursed as he skidded to a stop when he notice another guard infront of them, Sae didn't expect it as she stumbled into his back. He looked at her beaming face before winking at her and pulling her to the left.

Sae wasn't even sure where they were anymore, she just blindly followed Riven, trusting him he knows where the helk they're going. They took a few turns before Tiven barged inside a dark room, he quickly pulled her in with him, closing the door behind them.

Sae leaned on the door, her giggles filling the room as Riven tried to catch his breath. "Shh, be quiet. They'll hear you.", he tried to tell her seriously, but his own laugh bubbled when he heard her. The room was dark, so he reached with his hand infront of him, finding her body and slowly trailing his hand gently up, towards her face where he put his hand over her mouth to muffle her laugh. He used his other hand to lean on the door, so he would fall on her.

Sae imaturely licked his palm, but he didn't move it, she could only imagine his face now, his brows raised and a slight smirk on his lips as if asking her 'really?'. It made her giggle even more. But her giggles caught in her throat as the grass voice echoed from behind the door.

"Princess Sae?!", her eyes wide, her breaths quickened, she could feel Riven lean closer to her, she could almost feel his body pressed on her own. When the footsteps quieted, Riven slowly pulled his hand off her mouth, putting in on the other side of her head. She could feel his hot breath fanning her face, and she suddenly grew nervous.

Although ot was dark and she couldn't even see him, she knew that they were the same height when she was in these heels, she knew their lips were aligned perfectly. Her head moved on her own accord, leaning closer to him, their noses barely touching.

Riven's heartbeat quickened  when he noticed her leaning in, he stood frozen, not really sure what to do with himself. Jumbled thoughts ran through his mind, but in the end he cleared his throat before saying. "I'll never get used to the fact you're actually a Princess.", he mumbles, he didn't want the words to come out so breathless.

"I forget you know I am one.", she says, a soft smile on her face. "Is that a good thing?", he asks, uncertain. "Yeah.", Sae breathes out. That's why she loved hanging out with him the first year in Alfea. He always acted like she was just another normal girl, at first he didn't even know. But after he did find out, he didn't mind and he never changed.

He pushed himself off of the door and leaned away from her, the instant cold air pricked at her hot skin. "I think the coast is clear.", he murmurs, Sae nodded even though she knew he couldn't see her, she pushed herself off the door and turned around. Just as she reached for the door handle, she felt him lean himself on her body, his hand over hers on the handle.