chapter twenty-two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

The groups was fighting, again. The girls found Sky and Riven getting ready, to go and save Beatrix. "We've been training for this. Specialists can take out scrapers, while mind fairies protect us from Blood Witch magic. ", Sky said, moving away from Bloom. "Mind fairies good for something? I'm in." Musa chimed in. "I'm with her.", Sae comments lifting her hand up like in class.

"Wait, so we are going?", Terra asks. "No. We are not going. Guys, we can't go anywhere near that lodge. It is not safe for fairies. Any fairies. We're gonna go back to Alfea-", Musa cuts Bloom off. "Bloom. I'm going. For once my magic's useful. I need this." Musa reasons, while Sae nods. "And I'll be there to keep her safe.", Sae butts in, smiling innocently. "And who's gonna keep you safe?", Terra questions. Sae shrugs, her eyes trailing over to Riven. "Riven will.", she nods her head at him, who almost drops whatever he was holding in his hands. "Yeah, no pressure. Just keep the literal Princess safe from fairy magic eating monsters.", he comments as Sae winks at him. 

"Wait, I thought it was just a nickname-?", Flora looks between the two confused. Sae groans, that's why she rarely ever tells anyone she's an actual princess. "We don't have time for this. We got this. Call Silva. Get everyone back at Alfea. I'll text when we get Beatrix."

"For once, couldn't we break into a playground or something cute?", Musa comments as the four of them walk towards the building. "A playground would be less creepy?", Sky comments. Sae falters her steps as she watched the eerie building. Her stomach twisted in knots. She tought of the creatures that Rosalind showed them, she tried to imagine if it would hurt when they take your magic away. What would it be like? Do you feel normal afterwards, or does it leave you feel empty and drained? 

She watches as the three infront of her stop. Riven turns to look at her. "Are you sure you wanna do this?", he assk, refering to the both girls. When they both nodded they head in. Riven first, the Musa, Sae and lastly Sky. "Upstairs. I can feel her."

Musa spotted her first, running to her unconscious body. "She...she's still alive.", she says, kneeling next to her, while Sae goes to the other side of her. She uses her magic to pull the water out of the vines all around them, killing the plant in the process but that's the least thing that matters right now.  She uses the water and her powers, putting them above Beatrix's wound, trying to heal her as much as she can. She isn't a healer, she only knows basics so she knows this wouldn' be of too much help. "I can't help her, we need to get her out.", she says, her body straining, not used to the magic she's using.

"Then, let's get her and get  out. Now." , Riven says as the boys keep watch. "If she's unconscious, how'd she text Stella?" - "Let's not find out." Just then they could hear scrapers, screeching around them. "Scrapers." - "Ho many are there?" - "Sae, stop using magic, they'll attack you first.", Sae didn't listen though, her focus on helping Beatrix. "Here we go.", just as Riven was about to shoot, an arrow hit his hand. The four looking around for the source. 

"Andrea? What the fck?", he comments when he sees the man walk inside. "There's something wrong.", Musa says, her eyes glowing purple. "He's not Andreas." Andreas drops his bow. "Run." Riven says, his eyes never falling from the man in front of him. Musa turns, grabbing Sae's hand, pulling her with her. "We can't just leave her!", Sae protests, trying to get Beatrix. "None of us are leaving here if we don't run!", Musa shouts before turning around and running while pulling Sae with her. 

Just as the girls gt at the bottom of the stairs a scarper fell infront of them. It lunged at them as the girls separated, Musa jumping over him, while Sae threw herself on the side. She groans as she gots up quickly, but she was too late, the scraper was wrapped around Musa hands. She reacted quickly, using her magic she made an ice spear, throwing it the scraper who screeched, falling of her friends hand.