chapter nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN

At the Winx suite the girls were getting ready for the alumni banquet, all the girls were almost completely ready, while Sae still struggled to make something of her hair. 

"I think that's Duke Hammerstorm.", Aisha comments from her spot on the window. Sae rolls her eyes at her hair, pulling out dozens of hairpins that were supposed to hold her hair in a bun. She threw them on the sink, letting her curled hair fall down her shoulders. "Duke Hammer-who?", Bloom asked from her spot on the ground where she read some book. Sae walked out of their shared bathroom, squeezing past Terra and Stella and walked into her room.

The girls were explaining to Bloom about who's who and Aisha explained why she had her flash cards with her. Sae slipped in her dark red dress, it was tight around at the top, then just softly falling to the ground, with a slit at her right side. The sleeves were long and had different shapes of lace. She wasn't particulary happy witht he dress, but she didn't have much say in it anyway. 

"Ugh, I can't figure out how to slip i the East wing unnoticed.", Bloom sighed, thorwing her head back, just as Sae retunred from her room. "I know  a good way.", she said fixing her dress a bit, she stops and looks up at the girls looking at her. She lifted her brows, looking back at them. "What?", the girls shurgged muttering "Nothing."

"Can you tell me?", Bloom asks. "It's easier if I show you.", Sae shurgged. "Ugh, don't freak out, but I think it's easiest if I just go by myself." - "No way." - "What?" The girls protested, while Sae watched them carefully.

"It's fine.. Plus, if I get caught, I can worm my way out with Rosalind. And some of you ar enot really on best terms with her right now. So, I wouldn't want to get you in more trouble.", she gave a pointed look at Sae, who shook her head. "No, me and Rosalind are good. You're just her favorite student, that's why you can worm your way out. But we won't get caught.",  Sae explains. "Besides, we won't get caught."

There was a knock on the door, Sae turned on her heel murmuring "I got it.", since she was the closest. She opens the door sligthly, peeking through. Her face drops in a scowl when shee sees Beatrix on the other side. "What's up?", Sae asks, leaning on the door frame, but still not opening the doors completely. "Sae.", Beatrix says with a smirk playing on her lips. Sae only quirks up a brow, she didn't really feel like talking to her more than she actually needs to. 

"What's got your panties in a twist? Mad, I got Riv before you?", Beatrix' smirk only grew as Sae kept starring daggers at her. "Not really. What do you need?", Sae refused to show her she was getting at her in the slightest. "Is Stella here?", the brown haired girl stood on her tiptoes, trying to peek over the taller girl. "Stella? Why would you need her?", Sae pushed herself off of the doorframe, her hands crossed on her chest. 

Beatrix smiles and tilts her head to the side. "Jelaous I get the boyfriend and the best friend?", Sae rolls here eyes, she was about to say something but Stella interrupted her. "Bea? What are you doing here?" Sae's shocked face didn't go unnoticed by Beatrix, who's smug smile never left her lips. Stella turned to Sae, as if she forgot she was there. "I got this, Bloom's needs your help.", Stella gave her a pointed look and Sae wanted to scoff as she left the two girls alone in the hallway, but she stayed close, wanting to hear what they had to talk about.

"Nicked this from Rosalind's office. Fancy a quick pre-drinks drink?", Beatrix muffled voice rang through. "I'm kinda busy right now... but I'm sure Rivens free.", Stella say, looking over her shoulder. Sae chest tightens even though she doesn't know why. Riven is her friend and just a few days ago when she saw him so upset she couldn't help but go and cheer him up. She didn't want him to know if it was her, even though she doesn't have to guess too long to figure it out.