chapter eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The girls were currently helping Bloom, well actually Sebastian, an old friend of Silva's. Stella used her magic to project the pictures of Rosalind's book that Sae can't remember how they even got it. Ans she wasn't gonna ask.

As they all tried to figure it out  Sebastian finally said. "Okay, I think i've got it.", through Bloom's tablet. "As far as I can tell, this is some sort of  summoning spell for those creatures.", he explains. "Summoning spell? What spell does that fall under?", Terra asks, what everyone was thinking. "It's ancient. Not elemental.", Sae nods her head even though noone was looking at her. She remembers some ancient spells and magic, her mother used to teach her all about it.

"So, Rosalind is summoning these things?" – "To attack fairies? Why?", the girls started questioning him, or anyone who could give an answer. "Hang on. I've seen that before. Store, or save. Hord? That's..  Taht's what that symbol means.", Sae tries explaining watching the symbol projected infront of them. "The one that looks like a J with a table next to it. Store. Hold.", she starts explaining further, racking her brain.

"Magic! Store magic.", Bloom exclaims, her eyes lit up in excitement. "Wait! Devin was begging Rosalind to give him his magic back.", Terra adds, Sae turns to look at her nodding her head. She wasn't there when everything happened with Devin, so this was very helpful. "That would mean those things are being summoned to steal magic from fairies.", Sae then says turning to Bloom, who's brows were furrowed, the red haired girl deep in thought.

"To make herself stronger.", Bloom adds, looking up into the green eyes of the girls infront of her. "She let Devin die, so we wouldn't figure this out." – "But Rosalind's already one of the most powerful fairies alive."

"The thing about power is, no matter how much you have, it's never enough.", Sae eyes turned to the little screen where Sebastian was, her head a jumbled mess. Her eyes slowly falling down to her hands that were currently in gloves, Bloom heated for her so she could warm herself faster after the events with her father and Rosalind.

In the meantime as the girls were figuring out the why's and who's, Riven stood in Rosalind's office. Andreas and Dane on either side of him, with Beatrix and Rosalind infront. His chest felt heavy with every breath he took there, his head was hurting for a while now as he fought with himself on what to do.

"Your update on Silva.", Rosalind waited for them to say something as she stood so she could face both the guys and Beatrix. "No concrete advances.", Andreas answers her, bowing his head.

Rosalind's eyes turned white, the tree boys were suddenly up in the air, their heads snapped up, as Rosalind choked them, searching their minds for something she doesn't even know there is. Rivens eyes were wide with fear as Beatrix steps up and says "Riven knows something.Somwthing about who helped Silva escape. He just won't say what."

Rosalind finally released them as Riven shot daggers at Beatrix, massaging his neck. Rosalind let the rest leave her office, but Riven had to stay. She would find out what he knows with him saying or without.

Riven was visibly upset, glaring at anyone or anything that tried to look at him. He hated the attention right now and all he wanted was to be left alone, and go somewhere quiet.

He stormed out of school, he passed the school's barrier and went to his spot. He would never tell anyone it's his spot, except for Sae. Even though he never verbally told her, she most likely figured it out after finding him there on multiple occasions. What he liked most about it, it was outside the barriers, which almost always meant he'll be left alone.

No student wanted to go there, not before, let alone now that the burned ones were running around, and fairies are going missing. He didn't care about it, he was scared, yes. But he didn't care. If he didn't care because he wasn't a fairy, so it would most likely mean he's safe, or was it the fact he didn't really care if he lived or died. he wasn't sure.

But he liked it here. It was quiet and he could find peace. But somehow, everything irked him today. So, instead of sitting against the tree as always, he was pacing back and forth.

His thoughts a jumbled mess, as he tries to calm himself down. His breathing was hard and his breath staggered, he wanted to scream. At them, at himself, at anyone really. He just wanted it out.

So he let it out.

He let out a scream that left his throat ichy and sore, his fist coneccting with the tree beside him making his hand a bloody mess. He placed both his hands on the tree, leaning on it, his chest rising with the deep breaths he was taking.

Tears pricked at corners of his eyes. From the pain in his hand or the pain in his heart, he couldn't tell. But he almost never cried and the tear slipping down his cheek made him even more frustrated. His fingers digging into the bark of the tree and squeezed his eyes shut as hard as he could.

It wasn't until he felt a few, cold, droplets of water on his right hand, did he look up. His eyes trailing over his hand and up to see where did the water come from.

"What -", his voice barely a whisper as his eyes squint at something that was now right above his hand. The thing moved forward in front of his face.

It was a dragon, he realized. A dragon made out of water, flying around him. He couldn't help himself as a small, barely there, smile formed on his lips. His eyes followed the little water dragon with amazement, the smile never leaving his face.

Abruptly, without no indication, the water splashed down in front of him and he instantly brought his head up looking into the woods. Looking for her.

He wasn't sure if he should call out for her, he wasn't really even sure if it was her. But only Sky and her knew the love he has for dragons, and he's sure Sky isn't a water fairy.

But a certain girl he knew was. And he searched for her, but he still couldn't find her, even after truning in circles for a millionth time.

He decided he wouldn't be calling out for her, if she wanted to she would show herself. And he was in a way glad, because he didn't know what to say to her. Not after the little outburst she most likely saw.