chapter twenty-four

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

"It's a side effect of the ceremony. Because we didn't complete it, our magic is still connected to the crystal. We're basically, lowkey channeling, constantly.", Aisha explains as the four girls sat around the crsytal and dozens of books sprawled around them. "Yeah, I can feel it. It's right there." Flora says, holding on to her chest. "Makes sense why you lost control.", she gives a pity look to Sae who only shrugs. 

"So, what do we do now?", Aisha was about to explain when someone knocked on the door. Upon seeing it was Grey, Flora, Stella and Sae started nudging eachother and making kissy faces at the two. 

"If you let him in a bit more, he'll understand why you need to shut him out. Boyfriend 101.", Flora says gently after Aisha walked back to sit on the floor. "Grey will be fine, and so are we. Here. Channel your magic.", she hands the crystal to Stella, who does as she was told. "How do you feel?" - "Normal.", Stella smiles, relived. "Exactly. We just have to discharge our magic into the crystal." - "So it's sorted?", Sae asks, getting up from her spot. "Not exactly, I have to call Bloom."

"So, what? The crystal thingy has your magic and what then?", Riven asks, popping some snacks in his mouth. Sae shrugs. "I didn't stick long enough to find out. They're off rescuing Bloom again.", she purses her lips. "And you're not with them because?", he moves his hand for her to continue. "I was looking for Musa. I wanted to apologize to her." Riven nods his head.

"So, she hasn't said anything to anyone yet?", he asks as Sae shakes her head. "No. But she opened up. When I told her she wasn't unconcious that night. And that when we were heading out we got attacked, and she never fought back. She just let it take her magic. Then she defended herself, saying 'we don't know how hard it is' and stuff like that. So I just let her know that I do understand. You know?", she sighs after her speech, reaching over Riven, who laid next to her to take a chocolate bar. 

"You actually opened up to someone. That's a first.", he say jokinlgy, his hand refelxively on her waist to make sure she doesn't fall. She wa hovering above him, only one hand holding herself up, as she grabs the candy. She looks down on him, her hair falling over her shoulders, tickling his bare chest. "Oh, no. Don't get me wrong. I left out the details. She just vaguely knows we all have shitty lives.", Riven chuckles. "Of course."

"I was gonna talk with her when I found you two together, but it turned out better like this, anyway.", she says, letting herself fall back on the bed. Riven turns to her, his one hand holding his head up so he could see her face better. "Were you jelaous?", he teases her, he doesn't miss the way her cheeks turned light pink. "Of who?", she fieges confusion as he rolls his eyes.

 "Oh, come on.  I saw that look on your face you make." 

"What face?" 

"Your brow furrow just a bit and you pout like a kid that got his candy taken away.", he explains, stealing the chocolate out of her hand right after she took another bite. "Just like you're doing now.", he refers to her pouting face and sad eyes as he eats the rest bit of the chocolate. "Give me another one.", she says still pouting. "That was the last one."

He watches her squint her eyes before lunging at him, tackling him back on the bed. He falls on the soft mattres with a groan, his hands around her waist as he pulls her with him making her end up on top of him. Her legs on either side of his body, and his hands fell dangerously low. She put her hands on his chest, a smile spread on her lips. She leans closer and pokes his chest with her index finger. "You owe me a chocolate."

"I'll get you every chocolate in this world, Princess.", he says, his voice barely above whisper when he notices how close their faces are. He licks his lips and Sae's eyes drop lower, wathching his tounge swipe over them, making them wet and inviting. She swallows hard when her eyes trail back to his brown ones. The hungry look he gave her made her knees feel weak, if she were standing they'd definitely give out.