chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR

It was cold. So freaking cold. Sae couldn't even feel her body trembling. Her eyes heavy when she tries to open them from the ice forming around her eyelashes. Her lips tinted blue contrasted her pale face. She puffs out a breath and she looks at it, even her breath turned cold from how long she's been in here, it didn't even leave in a puff.

She tries to remember for how long she's been in here, at the beggining she tried to count the minutes, then hours, but her mind was now blank. All she oculd think about was how can she stay warm.

"Focus on your environment. Learn it, feel it, understand it. Make it be apart of you.", the voice rang through her head like a distant memory. And it was all she could think about. No matter how much she wnated to do opposite of what they told her sh eknew they'd levae her here until she did what they wanted her to do.

So she slowly untangled her arms from around her legs and kneeled down on the ground. Her hands touching the cold ground yet she didn't feel the differnece, her body the same temperature. She slid her hand over the ice, momentarily closing her eyes. Taking deep breathes she tried to find that power inside of her, like she would do whenever she used it on water.

But she couldn't reach it, she just felt empty. She tries again, focusing harder, her fingernails digging in the ice now, her body trembling - from the cold or from the frustration growing inside her, she couldn't tell.

She couldn't understand why it was so easy to find the maigc within her whenever she needed it, it's like her power couldn't comprehend that ice was also water. Her head fell with her frozen hair hiding her face. With one swift motion she punched the ice underneath her, over and over again, the broken scream fell deaf upon everyones ears.

Sae couldn't focus on whatever the hell Dowling was saying about magic and circle of stone. She didn't need to anyway, she knew it all already. Her mind was occupied by the nightmare she had, the memory she dreamt. From all the things she suffered from, she hadn't had a nightmare for over nine years. The last one being from the night they died.

So, why did she suddenly dream of the things they did to her, she couldn't understand. Perhaps she didn't even want to understand, she just wanted it to never happen again.

Sae honestly didn't even understand why she was here with the first years. She should have a free period right now, which she would much rather use smoking a blunt outside somewhere then being here listening to the same lession she heard last year.

"And I do not tolerate any comments and complainings. I've heard them enough last year.", Dowling says, side glancing at Sae which she returned with a tight lipped smile. "Now, before we begin, I asked Sae, a second year to come join us today. ", she put a hand towards the girl on her left and Sae waved a little to everyone that looked at ther. "She is one of the best fairies we've had and because of luck or any special abilities. It's because Sae trains very hard and not just on school grounds. Whereas other students party all summer she trains."

Sae wanted to roll her eyes, like she wnted to train so much. She'd rather get drunk and high all summer than work. "Sae, please come forward." Sae stepped up and walked towards the middle of the stone circle. She didn't need to put her hands on the vessle, because she was very much in touch with her magic already.

"Now, Sae is a water fairy, but just being a water fairy doesn't mean she can only manipulate bodies of water. Every power comes with more abilities. Water, molecules of water are everywhere around us. ", she starts explaining and Sae sighs, preparing herself for whatever Dwoling wanted her to show the others.