chapter thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

From the second Terra's dad locked them all in the suite they were screaming at each other. 

"You're really not gonna say anything? You're just gonna stand there and do nothing  like you always do!", Stella was yelling at Sae, the other girls quetingdown when they heard her say that, noone really wanted to confront Sae, not like they were as close to her as they were with eachother. "Last year you would've been on my side, you'd be helping us help Bloom! I can't believe you ratted us out, along with Aisha!", Asiha was about to protest but, Sae had enough.

"I wasn't siding wiht Aisha! I did't even know what you were doing in the first place! I was too busy helping Silva and the others at the barrier!", she yelled back. Although she didn't really do much of helping, the moment she heard what was happening she ran to get to Bloom, amybe ry and reasion wtih her. But she knew she'd still help her free Rosalind, beacuse all she knew about her were stories. And stories are just that - stories.

"There were at least a dozen of burned ones in the same place! They're never in groups! I think that's more important now, than who the fuck helped Bloom and who didn't!",she kept going. Stella crossed her arms over her chest looking over to the girls. 

In that same moment Sam fell though the wall, panting. "There's a burned one in the school!" - "Shit!" - "We need to get out of here!"

The girls tried everything they could to get the door to open but to no vail. "We need to get out!" Everyone was panicking and Sae ran up to the window. "I think I can lower myself to the ledge of the window under ours. Then I'll get in there and get someone or something to get you guys out. Okay?", She rushed out, already opening the window. 

"What? Are you crazy?", Stella rushed to her side, pulling her by her arm just as she ws about to step out. "You're gonna die if you fall", Aisha stepped behind Stella. "I'm not ognna die.", she huffed pulling her hand out of Stella's grasp. "I might break some bones, but I'm not dying like that.", she said, trying to lighten the mood, which just earned her looks from the girls.

 "Right...I'll be back. I promise.", she said, now standing on the ledge of their window. She lowered herself. gripping the ledge with her hands and letting herself fall on the lower one. The window was thankfully open and she didn't have to break it. So she slipped inside with a quiet thud. 

The suite was completely empty and door were left open, she quietly made her way out into the dark hall. She cursed herself for not bringing something to light her way. She didn't waist anytime and ran towards the stairs and to her suite.

But in the few minutes it took her to get there, someone already let the girls out. And their suite was completely empty. "Fucking great.", Sae muttured to herself, but she wasn't mad at them. Sam needed help, they must've went to Harvey, wherever he may be right now. Most likely the greenhouse, so that's where she headed. She was running as fast as she could, but was still cautios of the burned one Sam mentioned. 

She heard it before she saw it, that screeching sound that haunted her dreams and memories. She slowed to a stop, leaning herself on the wall as if the creature won't see her if she pressed herself as hard as she could. She could hear it walking, each step louder and closer. She pressed her eyes shut, a shaky breath leaving her lips. She swears she could hear it, right next to her. She wasn't sure if they breathed the same way she did, but she could hear it breathe, she could feel it thinking and sensing her. 

She opened her eyes, ever so slowly and looked to her left. Her eyes changing into the dark blue she loved. She searched around to find anything, any source of water. But came up empty. It was a stupid empty hallway of the school. She couldn't do anything here. Looking out the window she wished she was there, she could use anything there. But here, inside. She was useless.