chapter twenty-six

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

The wind was blowing just enough so it wasn't too hot in the shade, making the trees dance. The sun would peek through here and there on their faces as they were laying on the ground, her head on his stomach.

It was so peacful, serene even. You would never think how anxious and scared they were if it weren't for Sae constantly biting her lip and picking on the skin around her fingernails. Riven on the other hand did anything he could to not show it. 

It's been a few weeks of constant training and preparing for the inevitable war with the Blood Witches. But still there were no signs of them. Every raid the speicalists did was futile, a false trail. They were leadnig them on, but they couldn't risk it and not go. 

Riven gulped as he watched the trees dance, the greens of the canopy reminded him of the eyes from the girl that laid next to him. His mind hyperaware of her body flush against his, of her heartbeat and her nervous habbit.

And Sae tried to keep her heart still, not wanting that the boy next to her finds out how hard does her heart beat for him. Both of their minds occupied with the war that's headed their way. But still they found themselves in their spot, outside the barriers despite of the danger. Neither saying a word, when Riven walked up and laid beside her, not when she scooted closer and snuggled to his side. 

They didn't need to say it, they both knew. They weren't as scared of what was going to happen but of what could happen if things were different. They didn't spend much time together, all the training kept them too busy. 

But that didn't stop the lingering gazes, shy smiles (or playful smirks) and rosy cheeks. Both would come to their spot every morning before training and every night after, hoping to catch a glimpse of eachother. It was just enough for them to be close to each other, just so they were sure they were still there. 

"I wish we could stay like this forever.", Sae whispers, her eyes closed. Riven hummed as he played with her hair, his other hand proping his head so he could see her face. "Forever doesn't seem that bad if it's with you.", his heart flutter at the grin on her face and cheeks heating up. "You're so cheesy lately.", she chuckled, angling her head to the left so she could look at him. 

"How can I not when I get this reaction.", a small smile played on his lips, no teasing in hhis voice. And Sae blushed even more at the sincerity in his voice. She looked back at the sky, her lips between her teeth once again. "We should go. We'll be late again.", she murmurs pushing herself up as he does the same, leaning on his knees his eyes roaming over her side profile. 

"You should really stop biting our lips like that.", he commented, she turns to him with slightly furrowed brows. "Because if you do it one more time I'm going to do it for you.", he smirks as she pushes him lightly. "Stop.", their laughter died down when both noticed the proximity between them. All it they had to do is lean a bit closer.

Both looked as they weren't sure of what to do. Their eyes dancing between their eyes and their lips. It almost felt like they were unconciously leaning into each other all the way until they could feel their hot breath on their face, their lips almost brushing each other. Riven closed his eyes, the longing feeling he only felt for her made him shiver.

"Kiss me.", it may be the last time. 

He didn't waste a second, his lips smashed against hers. Gentle yet hungry for more. His hand found it's way around her waist pulling her closer to him, one of her hands on his chest and the other caressing his cheek. He bit her lip lightly, his heart hammering in his chest when he heard he whimper in his mouth. Sae found herself stradling him, each leg on either side of him, his hands snaked it's way up her shirt, traveling from her hips to her waist, squeezing her lightly.