chapter eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

"Burn it."

Bloom didn't hesitate as she made fire form, aiming it at the burned one. In the same moment Sae made a wall of water, her hands shaking hard, she could barely hold on. She could see the orange glow from behind the water, and she knew she couldn't give up. Not yet.

But her breathing grew shorter as she struggled to catch a breath. "It's dead now." She could hear someone say, she wasn't sure who. And she immediately dropped the water that protected her. Which was a mistake on her part.

Bloom's fire didn't distinguish at the time, Sae clenched her teeth as the fire licked her palms. She fell down on the ground, her elbows scratching from the impact. "Fuck!", she whimpered, the girls instantly rushing ti her aid.

"Sae!" -"Are you okay?" - "Holy shit..", Sae wanted to answer, say she was okay, that they don't need to worry about her. But the words never came out, she was so exhausted, she couldn't even open her mouth. She dropped on the ground completely as the world around her turned black.

"Is that okay? Or do you need another pillow?", Terra asked as she helped Sae adjust the pillows so  she could somewhat lean on the couch without hurting her injured back even more. "It's fine Terra.", Sae sighed. She didn't want to be rude towards her, but she hates when she has to depend on other people. 

She took the spoon in her left hand, even thought she was right handed. She wasn't lucky that  night at all, her palms were burned. But everything was healing fast, thanks to Prof Harvey and the abiltiy to heal that fairies had. Still, it was only the third day, so it was no near healed. She tried to eat, but the spoon fell out of her hand. 

Aisha rolled her eyes, but still went to sit near her. "Here, let me help." None of the girls could watch her struggle any longer and just wanted to help her. But Sae wasn't having any of it, she huffed getting up from her seat. "Guys, tahnk you, but you don't have to babysit me all the time. I'm fine, I can take care of myself.", she said, getting up and after struggling a bit, she opens the doors of the winx suite and goes outside. 

"What trouble are you up to, today?", Sae smiles as she walks towards her two friends that were walking towards her. The boys stopped their chatter and looked up, seeing her Sky smiled, revealed to see her okay. Riven on the other side had a blank face, she couldn't read him, he didn't even look like he cared if she were okay. Which was okay, she thought, they are just friends because of a friend. 

"You look like shit.", Riven comments, Sae rolls her eyes, so she missed when Sky elbows him in the ribs. "I tried to look like you, guess I succeeded.", she smirked playfully, but he didn't return a smirk of his own as he usually did so. Her smile dropped as she examined his face. Maybe she did something wrong. 

She tried thinking of Saturday night and all that she did then, she remembers most of the night, but still there could be something she did or said that made him mad. But she just couldn't remember and couldn't figure out what the hell could she say for him to be mad at her. 

Sky cleared his throat, fixing his hair. "Well, I gotta run. I'll see you guys later.", he just wanted to avoid the awkward situation. But he still slowed down when he got near her, touched her shoulder and leaned to her ear a bit. "He doesn't know.", he whispered, loud enough for her to hear, but not for Riven. Who saw the complete exchange a lot differently than it actually was.