chapter twenty-three

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"Remind me again, why ar e we in the library?", Riven asks, walking alongside Sae who only smiles. "We're helping Musa. Sky should be here too, maybe even Grey.", Sae shurgs and Riven squints his eyes. "Why would Grey be here?", he was still oblivious to the fact Aisha and Grey were a thing, Musa didn't clarify that since the day they went out. "He's a friend. Now, come on. She was supposed to finish this yesterday.", she pulls on his arm, dragging him towards the rest of the group who were already working. 

"I got us some more help!", she announces, siling brightly. All the while Riven had a bored expression on his face. Noone was really exicted when they saw him, not because they don't like him, but because they know the pair wouldn't really be helping too much if they worked together.

"Riven you go with Sky and Bloom, you Sae-", Terra started giving orders, but Sae cut her off. "I'll go with you!", she chirped, and Terra just shurgged an 'okay', Sae winked at Riven before walking away with Terra, Stella joining the two, but glued to her phone.

"What is interesting on that phone?", Terra teases her as they finally reach their long row of books, four trolleys were there with books they needed to organise. Stella looked up from her phone for a second, before looking back down at it. "I'm just making sure Beatrix is okay.", she answered, honestly. Sae raised her brows at the mention of Beatrix, she knew they were getting close, but not that close.

"Who's idea even was this? I had better things to do.", she scoffs, not in a mean way. Just in a Stella's, I'm a royal princess, way. "Sae's actually.", now it was Stella's turn to lift her eyebrows. "Long way from running away, huh?", she nudged her old friend lightly, a small smile on her face. "Yeah, yeah.", she waved her off.

It must've passed at least half an hour when Sae shuffled closer to Terra, who was picking up some books. Sae leaned closer to her, checking if Stella was looking before whispering to her. "Someone told me you're good at picking locks.", Terra almost dropped the book in her hand, but Sae caught it in the last second. "Oh jeez, you scared me. Depends. Which lock do you need me to pick?", she said, in  a hushed tone too, even though she didn't really know why they were whispering. She got her answer when Sae looked to her left and up on the balcony, where a door stood, scared by a gate.

"What do you need from the archives?", Terra watched with wide eyes, while Sae's face remined neutral. "I just to ssee something about my family.", she explained, not really an answer Terra was looking for.

 "Your family? Why would anything be there about your fa-", Sae watched her with raised brows, waiting for it to click. "Oh. Ohhh, right. I sometimes forget you're an actual princess. Like you never mention it, and you certanly don't act like one. I mean, you're the literal polar opposite of Stella.", Terra was rambling before Sae put a hand on her shoulder. "Can you do it?" - "Oh, right. Yes, but we could get in trouble. I don't know how will Rosalind react if we get caught. We could get expelled!", Sae shook her head. "No, we will not get caught. Because noone will know. Only you and me.", Sae clarified, watching Terra's confused expression. 

"Noone? Wha-", Sae cuts her off. "Yeah, I need this to be a secret."

"Is this why you called us to help Musa? So you can sneak in the archives?", Sae shakes her head. "No, I want to help Musa. It's just this is a better opportunity then sneakng here when there are students and guards.", Terra nods, although reluctant. 

"I'll let you know when it's unlocked.", Sae nods and thanks her friend before going back to sorting books. She watched as Terra stamered an excuse she needed to go to the bathroom before leaving around the corner. It didn't take her long, maybe around ten minutes before she got back and gave Sae the signal she could go.