chapter ten

CHAPTER TEN

Sae avoided Queen Luna for as long as she could, but she still found herself standing in the middle of Dowling's office, a fake smile plastered on Luna's face as she stood opposite her. "It's very hard to find you in this school. If I didn't knwon better I'd think you were ignoring me." Sae mustered her best fake, sweet smile she could. "Well, then you'd been thinking wrong. I came as soon as Terra saw me and told me you were looking for me.", she half lied. But it was better than a complete lie. 

She purposfully bumped into Terra on her way back from the East wing and she immideately told her to go see Queen Luna. "Right.", Stella's mother muttured, leaning back on her chair. 

"Why I asked for you, was to tell you everything before the assembly, so you woudn't be shocked. But seeing you weren't even there...", she pursed her lips, clasping her hands together and resting them in her lap. "We located a burned one at Solaria. And there was another attack at Andros.", Sae's eyes snapped foward to her, searching her face for any indication it could be  a lie. 

"Your ather is fine, but he asked me to tell you about it.", as she finished her sentence she swallowed and Sae knew she lied. Sighing she closed her eyes. "Show it to me. Like he wants to." Then she opened her eyes and the everything around her changed as Queen Luna manipulated the light around her. 

She stood on one of the walking paths at her home, Andros, the waves hitting the rocks filled her ears, even though she wasn't there. A small smile creeped up on her face, but it fell instantly as she saw the burned one in the distance and a couple dozen soldiers fighting it. It happened so quick, they were killed of one by one. And all she could do is just stand there and watch. 

They were all dead, laying on the ground covered in eachothers blood. She tried to scream as th eburned one turned it's head towards her and just like that day in the woods with Bloom it bolted right towards her. Her heart clenched in fear and her chest started hurting as she tried to control her breathing. But it was as if she was suffocating. 

"Stop it, right now.", Dowling's voice brought her back, everythign around her instantly changed, Andros was gone and she was back at Dowling's office. Dowling was kneeling beside her, hands around her shoulders. Sae didn't even notice she was kneeling on the ground, clutching her shirt and the tears that were falling down her face. 

"I think that is enough.", Dowling said, slowly bringing Sae back up. "Are you okay?", she asked her and Sae only nodded numbly. "Remember, that's why you're here. To train. So you can defend your realm. He doesn't have very long.", Queen Luna talked and Sae wanted to puke the more she did. She knew all of that but hearing someone say it makes her want to rip her eyes out. 

She was there, back at Andros. Confusion written all over her figure, she turned around, walking in circles trying to find how in the hell did she get there. But a familiar figure caught her attention and she reluctantly walked towards her. The woman was an uncany image of her mother and Sae could feel tears threatening to spill. 

She remembers opening her mouth to call out for her, but no sound ever came out. Her mother turned to face her, but a look of horror and dread was all she could see. Her face pale, before loud screeches were heard all around them. Burned ones ran through Andros, slicing and killing anyone in their way. 

Sae knew she had to do something, but sh ecouldn't, she was standing there just looking at the terror unfolding. A burned one ran up to her mother and it stood behind her, she didn't notice it yet. Sae tried to scream to atleast warn her of the danger behind her. But to no prevail, it was like she didn't have a voice. The burned one just stood there, it's piercing, dark eyes, looking straight at Sae's scared ones, before it brought it's 'hand' read to kill her mother.