chapter 1

-november 5th 1985-
-y/n's pov-
I rolled off my bed and started to get ready for the school day, the usual boring school day, on the chilly early-november morning.

-time skip-

I sat in my assigned seat and watched as angela and jake teased other people in the class, surprisingly today it wasn't me, I'm pretty much their main target but that's definitely not something to brag about.
everything was going smoothly and as normal until two unfamiliar faces entered the room. new kids maybe? well obviously new kids, in lenora everyone knew everything about one another and it was almost as if they conspired against new people.
"right class" mrs gracey suddenly spoke up "we have two new students joining us today, please welcome all the way from indiana, jane and will"
the whole class turned to look at them, they were embarrassed as it was standing up there in the first place but with the whole class now staring it made it 100 times worse, I couldn't help but feel bad for the two of them.
"okay.." mrs gracey looked over the room for somewhere for them to sit "ah, here, will you can sit next to shawnie, and jane you can go by
y/n"
they politely said their 'thank you's' to mrs gracey before they headed to their new seats.
as jane approached the chair, I examined her features, a little longer than shoulder-length brunette hair, brown doe eyes and she wore a scruffy flannel, but it suited her, she looked nice.. pretty even.
"h-hi" I stuttered, a little flustered, god why am I like this??
"hi" she smiled back before sitting down, omg omg omg she smiled at me. I could feel my cheeks heating up and they were for sure glowing a bright red colour.
I glanced over to her, she looked down at a piece of paper with a puzzled expression.
"you- you okay?" I asked her, she turned to me.
"uhm.. not really- I don't understand this" she showed me the paper, it was her timetable.
"ah! okay, this is your timetable" I explained "its what classes you have for the week"
she nodded along as she took in the information.
"hold on let me show you mine" I told her as I pulled a scrumpled piece of paper from my pocket, "people like to compare them.. see if they have the same lessons" I trailed off.
"do we have the same?" she shyly asked.
"yeah- yeah looks like we do," I grinned at her, she beamed back. suddenly mrs gracey called out to the class, "okay quiet now people, lesson is starting"
my attention went back to miss as she started with her lesson.

-time skip-

once class had finished I began packing my things away until I heard my name being called.
"y/n?" jane said as she tapped on my shoulder.
"hm?" I looked up to see both her and will standing over me.
"we were wondering if you could show us round the school.. y'know.. we don't really know where we're going.." she spoke.
"yeah, course" I beamed as I stood up and slung my backpack over my shoulder, "we've got a twenty five minute break now so that's plenty of time."
they both smiled before they followed me out of the classroom.
as we walked around the school I pointed and named things out.
"that's the math classes" I told them,
"and here's the english area"
it went on and on until we finally completed the whole tour.
"and that's about it" I finished.
"thanks y/n" will said.
"ah, no worries" I answered.
"I've got science now so.. it's this way?" he asked as he pointed to a section of the school.
"yup, that's right, see you later?" I wondered.
"yeah, see you later!" he walked over to his class.
"aaand we have got-" I started to speak to jane but I was interrupted by someone shoving me.
I sighed aloud, great, we all know what's coming next.
"what do you want angela? your always so needy lately" I teased.
angela frowned "oh, you know what I want, I want to embarrass you."
"and why's that, hm? so you can feel better about yourself? because if you ask me that's a little sad, y'know?" I smugly answered.
angela huffed "looks as if you've made your first friend, congratulations." she sarcastically applauded.
I could see will watching from the corner of my eye, and jane was still beside me, she looked a little scared, she was cowering, I didn't have the strength to put up a fight with angela, or anyone for that matter, right now.
"just bugger off angela, the only people who actually like you are your brainless posse"
angela snorted before she stormed off with all of her brain-dead friends following.
"don't worry jane, they're always like this, I'm used to it, just let me know if it ever happens to you or will, alright?" I softly said to her.
she loosened up, not as scared anymore, she nodded.
"cmon" I said "we've got math now."
jane disappointedly groaned.
"ha!" I laughed "I hate math too!"
she giggled before we both went off to math class.