chapter 8

-jane's pov-
y/n and I were now in my room after a long day at school.
"ah, here it is" I say whilst pulling down a large cardboard box which is labelled 'Hawkins Lab' scruffily in a sharpie pen. both me and y/n get onto our knees and begin rummaging through the box. I find the file about all the lab kids so I begin to flick through the pages with y/n watching over my shoulder, nothing catches our eyes until we reach the page between me and 012. I stop turning the pages and examine what the paper has to say.
"Missing subject 012,
DATE OF BIRTH: (your date of birth) 1971
NATIONALITY: (your nationality)
PARENTS: (y/m/n and y/d/n)
Whilst in transport from (your country/state/town), a group of Russian soldiers kidnapped the girl and when our own soldiers went after her they never returned and were later found dead. A spy was sent in to find the l/n girl but was also shot dead, the spy managed to send a folder he found of the Russian's weapons, information of the l/n girl being in that folder.

//subject 012 has been replaced//"

y/n read the letter aloud, releasing a huge sigh once she had finished. she took another look in the box before pulling out a folder which had russian writing on the front.
"oh! my mum has a russian translating book downstairs, her friend murrary gave it to her" I told y/n as I got up to grab the book, I quickly walked down the stairs and into the dining room to grab the book from the shelf before clambering back up the stairs. when I opened the door to my room again I found y/n sat there with the book on her lap and tears streaming down her face. I practically sprinted to her side,
"y/n, what's wrong?" I asked her softly whilst putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.
"I- I'm just some stupid weapon for the commies, aren't I?.. I mean look, I'm in some file about russian weapons, all the other things in this file are guns and machines.." she sobbed.
I felt my heart shatter inside me, we might have been raised in different places but we were used for the same thing and treated the same way.
"no, no, no y/n" I spoke strongly "you're not just some weapon, okay? you're a human being, just like everyone else, this isn't your fault, alright?"
she nodded weakly before her y/e/c glossy eyes met mine, causing my heart to flutter, I gave her a light smile which she returned.
"now let's have a look through this folder, hm?" I said to which she just nodded yet again.
after about an hour of working we had finally decoded what the page about her read.
"WEAPON- 27
13/2/1984
Weapon 27 is very unique, she was stolen from the American government and transported over here at the age of 4, she is now 13 and still remains here. She is a struggle when it comes to training but once she is disciplined she will become very useful in war.
After years of testing her we have discovered she is capable of:
•Telekinesis
•Telepathy
•Pyrokinesis
She faces harsh punishments and beatings when she doesn't follow the rules but we will do whatever it takes to gain a weapon as powerful as her to fight for us.
//WEAPON-27 HAS ESCAPED ON A CARGO PLANE TO USA, EVERYONE ON BOARD DEAD EXCEPT THE PILOT, GRIGORI, AND HIS CO-PILOT, ALEXEI, WHO HAD LOCKED THEMSELVES IN THE COCKPIT//"
"I'm sorry.." she cried whilst fighting the tears which dwelled in her eyes "I had to do it.. I had to kill them... but that's not even the worst part" she took a deep breath "sometimes they'd take me to their prisons and they'd make me kill the prisoners there- I- I didn't want to, I refused to, but they'd hold guns to my head and force me to, I hated it there."
"It's okay, it's okay shh, shh" I reassured her.
"what about your past?" she asked cautiously, her eyes red from crying.
I swallowed a lump in my throat, "it's a long story.."

-time skip-
I had just finished telling y/n about my past and she seemed shocked.
"so- there's.. there's some other dimension.. with monsters? and they took will?" she asked sounding a little scared, I nodded slowly.
she exhaled a long breath "everything's just so crazy, I don't get it."
suddenly I heard my mum call out, "kids dinners ready!"
followed by will calling back "coming mum"
"I'll have to go now" y/n told me whilst grabbing her backpack.
"alright, oh um.. is it okay if I tell will, jonathan and my mum about.. you and stuff?" I asked, struggling to find the right words.
"yeah, yeah it's fine" she said and together we walked down the stairs.

"oh!" joyce exclaimed "y/n's here, would you like to stay for dinner sweetheart?"
"oh no, it's fine joyce honestly, my dad's probably getting worried about me not being home" y/n answered.
"ah okay well see you soon, bye!" joyce said whilst y/n opened the door to leave.
"bye!" y/n smiled whilst closing the door.
once she was gone I sat at the dinner table, in my usual spot, besides my mum.
"um.. there's something I need to tell you.. about y/n."