chapter 2

-jane's pov-
the bell rang and we walked into the classroom, the teacher then turned to us.
"ah! you must be one of the new students!" he exclaimed, I nodded.
"well seeing as you and y/n are getting along you can go sit by her, I'll tell jake to move, hold on."
jake was moved over to another seat and together me and y/n went to our seats.
"thanks for getting jake away from me" she laughed "he was a real pain!"
I giggled slightly and placed my newly-given math book on the table.

as the lesson went on I noticed how y/n was paying no attention whatsoever to sir and how she would just stare into the distance. but she quickly snapped back to reality when something hit the side of her head. she quickly twisted around in her seat, I followed her gaze and she was glaring right at jake, who was in hysterics. if only I had my powers, his arm would be cracked in half by now. y/n did a sign with her fingers, I don't know what it means but dustin did it a lot back in hawkins.
I twisted around in my seat to face y/n, "are you okay?" I asked her in a whisper.
"yeah.." she whispered back "I'm fine.."
her y/e/c eyes shimmering in the artificial light that the ceiling lamps brought. a weird feeling erupted in my stomach as I looked into her eyes, almost like the feeling I had with mike, but this time it was different. eventually I pulled my eyes away and focused back onto the lesson.

-time skip-

the next few lessons passed quickly and now will, y/n and I were sat outside talking, whilst eating our lunch.
"I saw what happened earlier" will said "are you okay?"
"oh- yeah, yeah I'm fine" she reassured him "it happens a lot, trust me. angela's a bitch to almost everyone so just let me know if she messes about with you."
"we will" I told her as we continued eating.

-time skip-

together, me and will opened the door to our house, when my mum noticed us she put the phone down.
"heyyy guys!" she greeted us "how were your days?"
"great!" I exclaimed "we made a new friend! she's super cool and pretty, her names y/n," I rambled "we share all of our classes together and we sit together in most of them-"
"woah, woah" joyce chuckled "slow down!"
"yeah, she's nice" will added "she knows how to stick up for herself, that's for sure"
my mum shuffled behind us to close the door "what do you mean by that?" she asked.
"oh, there was this mouthbreather, called angela.." I started to trail off and joyce's expressions saddened.
"awh, that's a shame, she seems real nice" she replied.
"oh! and also what does.." I did the sign that y/n did to jake "this mean?"
joyce laughed before swatting my hand down, "it's just a thing people do to each other when they're annoyed"
"oh okay!" I answered before racing up to my room, once I was in there I dumped my bag on the floor and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. I sat at my desk and began scribbling away.
'Dear Mike,
Today was my first day at my new school, I was a little worried at first, but me and will made a new friend! her name is y/n and she is super kind and pretty, also we share all of our lessons. it is sad because a lot of mouthbreathers bully her but she is very good at fighting back. I hope you and the others are doing good back in hawkins.
Love El.'
I smiled to myself as I wrote the last word, I sealed the letter in an envelope and sprinted down the stairs to put it in the mailbox.