chapter 24

-y/n's pov-

"so when you fell backwards.. you found vecna and- and he was trying to make you join him?" asked el just to make sure.
"yeah," I replied.
"right.." el said in understandment, "he wanted you to join him, he doesn't want you being on our side. we need to talk to owens."
I nodded as we walked out of the room and down the corridor.

"my friends," el angrily spoke to owens, "I saw them, you told me they were safe, they are not safe."
"whoa, whoa, whoa okay.. uh, give us a second please" he ordered the scientists to go away and they did as he said, "okay, first things first, we're not gonna let anything happen to your friends, okay kiddo? I will personally make sure of that. Did- did you see where they were?"
"They- they were at Max's house" el answered, "they're planning to kill him, to kill henry."
"okay, okay.." owens tried to assure her, "does this max have a last name?"
"max- max mayfield." el replied firmly.
"okay, so here's what's gonna happen, I have people in Hawkins and I'm gonna send them to max mayfield and they will stop him-"

"her." both me and el corrected.

"stop her," he corrected himself, "and the rest of them from whatever foolish although well intentioned mission that they're attempting, alright?" he put a hand on el's shoulder.
"no, no, do not send your men," el stammered, "send us."

"your friends are not prepared for this fight, eleven," brenner's voice suddenly spoke, "and neither are you. you must understand when 001 kills, he doesn't simply kill. He consumes, he takes everything from his victims. Everything they are and everything they ever will be. Their memories, their abilities, and we do not know where he's been these lost years."
brenner began walking closer to us, "but if he's survived this long, we can only assume he has grown in strength. To underestimate him, to act rashly, would be very dangerous."

"then why did he ask me to help him, hm?" I questioned brenner.

"what?" brenner's voice was stern as his eyes fell to look at me.

"in the void," I told him, "he took me and asked me to join him, if he's so powerful why did he need my help?"

brenner didn't reply, he just stared at me with the same eery expression on his face.

"maybe you're overestimating him a little martin," owens spoke, "if he really did ask for help, maybe we do have a shot at this."

"do you know what 001 is capable of?!" brenner argued.

"yes, I am aware of what he's capable of and I also know what these two are capable of." he fired back, "just imagine what would happen if eleven and twelve fought together."

brenner thought about it for a moment or two but he didn't reply.

"it is their choice whether they want to stay or go." owens reminded brenner before walking to us, "you sure you wanna do this?"

both me and El nodded our heads with no hesitation.

"okay, pack your things and say goodbye." owens told us before heading down the corridor, me and el following in his footsteps shortly after.

—————

I paced around my room in thought, unsure of what to do due to me having wore the same clothes for five days and having nothing to change into. until I remembered that I had asked argyle to bag me one of those surfer boy pizza shirts because I thought they looked cool.

I digged into the back pocket of my jeans and I found a scrunched up
t-shirt. I pulled it out and shook it a little to get a few of the creases out.
and there before my eyes, waving in the gust of wind that creeped under the door was the bright yellow, surfer boy pizza shirt in all its glory.