chapter 6

-november 7th 1985-
-y/n's pov-
tightly wrapped around my sides, when I woke up, were jane's arms. my whole face heated up, she stirred a little in her sleep whilst I slithered out of her grip, I tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear whilst I admired her pretty features. suddenly, her eyes began opening, and she spoke with a raspy voice,
"y/n?"
I gave her a warm smile before replying "morning"
she seemed to recall that she had invited me over as she sat up, before propping herself against the bed frame.
the sound of birds chirping and singing could be heard from behind the window, which the curtains covered but the bright, californian sun still shone through, causing beams of light to dazzle the dark coloured carpet.
slowly jane lifted herself out of bed before pointing towards the bathroom.
"you can get changed in there" she told me happily, her voice no longer raspy.
"okay, thanks" I smiled before grabbing my clothes and heading to the the bathroom to get changed.

-time skip-

together, me, jane and will walked down the stairs to find a busy joyce on the phone, trying to sell people encyclopaedias. 'breakfasts on the table' she mouthed to us.
will nodded before we all took seats at the table. on the table were 4 plates of waffles and 4 cups of juice. a tall but young man then came over and grabbed a cup and plate, gave us all a light smile before walking back off to wherever he came from.
"oh," will spoke up "that's jonathan, our older brother"
"ah okay" I answered before taking a bite out of my waffle.

once we all had finished breakfast I grabbed my belongings, said goodbye to joyce and will, but then jane insisted she walk home with me.

as we walked down the street, jane suddenly piped up and began to talk about mike again.
"it hasn't been the same.." she told me "ever since the start of july, he started treating me like garbage and my friend, max, helped me realise that so I dumped him"
I chuckled softly at this.
"but then we got back together again but like I said, it's just not the same" her shoulders drooped as she muttered the last part, I patted her back softly in attempt to cheer her up a little.
"eh, don't worry about it" I reassured her, "I'm sure it'll be fine"
"yeah.." she sniffed.
after a little more walking we arrived at my house.
"this is it" I smiled, "see you tomorrow at school, bye!"
"bye!" she waved whilst I made my way up to the front door, but before I closed it I gave her one last little smile.