chapter 17

-march 25th-
-y/n's pov-
my senses slowly began returning back to me, I raised my arms out to rub my eyes which were puffy due to having slept for god knows how long. after rubbing my eyes my vision grew stronger until I could see gloomy pipes that snaked around the room I was in, the colour of the pipes matching the dark metal walls. my eyes searched the room until they fell on the figure of a man, my adoptive father stood in the corner of the room. his hands were behind his back and he wore a scientist's lab coat.
"dad?" I called out in a raspy voice.
"y/n." he replied whilst approaching me.
"dad- dad can you please explain what's going on? please" I begged at him.
"look," he let out a long sigh, "I'm about to tell you something that I should've told you a long, long time ago."
I nodded quickly wanting him to continue.
"when that plane you were on landed," he began, "a group of people from the american government were sent to investigate, me being in that group of people. but by the time me and the other workers had arrived there, the russians were long gone with their cargo but they had left you there. and the first thoughts of the other workers were that they were going to take you away and use you for their own good but I begged and nagged at them to not do that so we came to an agreement. if I took care of you, I would also have to work in the science department of the government. so here we are now."
tears sat in my eyes once he had finished his story.
"why didn't you tell me?!" I asked, my voice dripping with anger.
"I- I just couldn't" he stuttered.
I shook my head in disapproval at him, "I can't believe you."
with that I stormed out of the room and into the tunnel-like corridors until another concern crossed my mind.

el.

"ELEVEN" I yelled as loud as I could, "EL WHERE ARE YOU?"
I marched head-first straight into the large room that contained 'NINA'
"EL?" I shouted out again.
"012." brenner's voice spoke only one word but it was enough to send a chill down my spine, "you need to stay calm, she is okay."
"STAY CALM?" I yelled, bewildered of what this man was saying to me, "HOW ON EARTH DO YOU EXPECT ME TO STAY CALM?! GOD KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO THE POOR GIRL RIGHT NOW!"
"012," the man began, "I know you've gone through a lot in you're life but-"
"GONE THROUGH A LOT?!" I cut him off angrily, "I'VE BEEN TREATED LIKE SOME CARNIVOROUS MONSTER SINCE I WAS 6."
"yes, I understand that-" the man started again but I was not going to let him defend himself.
"NO. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. YOU ARE THE EXACT TYPE OF PERSON TO TREAT ME THAT WAY." I stepped closer to him whilst pointing an accusing finger at his chest. he backed away, fear visible in his eyes, "YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT NOW."
"012, you need to understand that eleven is safe." he spoke calmly.
"safe?!" I retorted, "yeah okay, if you call drowning in some water-tank safe!"
"she's not drowning 012" brenner corrected.
"alright then, if she's not drowning, let her out." I said sternly.
"we can't do that, in order for her to regain her powers she needs to relive her memories." he informed me.
"her 'memories', no, more like her trauma, which you gave her." I snapped at him.
"it's for the greater good 012" he said.
"yeah, that's what they all say." I spat.
"012, I know that you're never going to forgive those russians for what they did to you but trust me, we're not like that." he told me.
"oh, so you do it differently, hm? let me guess, you had some 'last man standing' competition and that's why all of your other little pets are dead." I snarled.
he let out a long, exaggerated sigh, "no 012, I did not do that."
"where are they then, hm?" I inquired.
"look, all you need to know is that they're gone, okay?" he said.
"oh so if those russians never took me I'd be dead?" I inquired again.
brenner remained silent.
"yeah, that's what I thought." I gnarled at him through gritted teeth.
"I didn't kill the others and I have proof," brenner then pulled out two tapes and waggled them around in his hands, "and I also have proof you've killed people, lots for that matter. files weren't the only thing that little spy of mine managed to get."
my eyes widened in fear, he wasn't going to make me relive my trauma too, was he?
"no, no, no." I repeated whilst approaching the man, "you're not allowed those"
but as I reached my hand out to grab the tape I noticed that the two tapes had the same dates written on them.
"they have the same dates?" I spoke.
"I know," brenner nodded, "and that's why I need to show you something."