chapter 26

-3rd person pov-
As a group, argyle, Jonathan, Mike, Will, El and y/n all piled into the restaurant.
"Surfs up my dude!~" argyle greeted the worker
"Uh, woah! Nice shirt my dude!" The worker turned around from where he was cleaning the menu board, "you too my dudette!" He pointed a finger to y/n's shirt.
"Thanks my dude!" Argyle chuckled whilst y/n gave a polite smile to the man.
"Uh, listen I would love to feed a fellow surfer boy, but kitchen closed, like, five minutes ago so no more pies tonight, man." The man told the group.
"Awh, that's alright my dude," argyle beamed, "we're not here for your tasty pies! You see these weird girls behind me?"

the man looked to see two young girls smiling at him, one of them being the surfer boy pizza shirt one. or should it be surfer girl? eh, doesn't matter.

"this one," he softly patted el on the head, "needs a tub with a bunch of salt so we can enhance her psychic powers so she can save the world from this super bad dude."

the worker looked puzzled.

"but to make this salty tub," argyle continued, "we require your kitchen."

"ah," the worker nodded along, "well it's just uhh... I'm supposed to meet Chaz at Taco Bell in like ten, so.."

"my dude," Jonathan tried reasoning with the man, "we're not asking you to help for free, you ever partake in.." he pulled a stick of weed from argyle's pocket, "Purple Palm Tree Delight?"

the man's interest perked.

"It'll make all your troubles float away," Jonathan informed, "like the seed pods of a dandelion in the wind."

—————
The worker happily left the store, stick of weed in hand before the gang all rushed over to the kitchen.

"First ever mind fight held in a pizza dough freezer," argyle pulled a ball of dough from the freezer that everyone now surrounded, "pretty rad, right?"

As a team, the group emptied the freezer of its contents. Sacks of meat, anchovies and mushrooms went tumbling across the room into empty sinks. Mike, Jonathan and Argyle worked together to push the freezer to the centre of the room. The hose squeaked as mike twisted the tap on and he watched as the water splashed into the container. Meanwhile, argyle was preparing a very good-looking pizza. Jonathan sliced the large bag of salt with a sharp knife and poured the contents into the now-full freezer of water.

——————

"Alright.." y/n fiddled with the pizza box glasses she was making, "and there we go!"
She held the glasses up in the air, a huge smile painted across her face and she put them on.
"Pretty cool, right?" She chuckled.
El burst into a fit of giggles.
"What's so funny? Is it because I look so awesome right now?" Y/n playfully asked.
Suddenly, El's laughter stopped and she put her arm out onto the table, y/n did the same and they interlocked their hands.
"N/n.." el began, "I- I'm really glad that you've been with me through all of this.. I really appreciate it and I just wanted you to know that I feel so lucky to have you in my life."

y/n's lips quirked up into a smile, "you're welcome, and y'know, I'm also so so glad you're in my life because I lo-" y/n's voice was cut off by the sound of a plastic tray hitting the table.

"Surfs up my Juliets!" Argyle exclaimed as he jogged over to the other side of the table.
El's eyes searched the pizza that sat at the table with confusion and disgust.
"Oh, too much flavour awesomeness can't over power you're battery, can it?" Asked Argyle.
"I dunno man, this is pineapple, I've never tried it.." y/n spoke
(srry if u have had pineapple pizza!! also pineapple is my fav 😎)
"oh come on my dudette, try before you deny!" argyle reminded.
el had already taken her first bite and the way her expressions and the way she chewed changed it was very obvious she enjoyed the pizza.
"Good!" She spoke through a mouth full of pizza.
"Good?!" y/n exclaimed, "what do you mean?"
"Really good!" El chewed more, "at least try it!"
"No! What! This is ridiculous!" y/n tried fighting the urge to giggle.
"Did you try?" El asked.
"No I-" y/n began but was cut off by El.
"Try before you deny!" She playfully teased whilst holding the pizza up closer to her lips.
"Oi! Oi! Stop!" y/n laughed as argyle put her in a headlock.

—————

From the other side of the room, Will, mike and Jonathan were clearing up.
"What are they doing?" Chuckled will as he watched the scene unfold before him.
"Girls, am I right?" Mike laughed.
"Yeah.." will's chuckles died out as he looked into mike's dark eyes, "girls.."
and it was if a rope was tugging the two of them together until their lips suddenly met and will's hands automatically traveled up mike's neck before they reached his fluffy hair. mike's hands slithered down to will's waist where they rested as the kiss deepened. the kiss lasted a matter of seconds before they broke apart for air.
"w-wow" a breathless mike exclaimed as he gazed into will's hazel eyes.
"that was.. nice" a blushing Will smiled.
"Yeah," Mike grinned before they leant in for another kiss. Jonathan smiled proudly at the sight of his brother finally being truly happy with the boy he loved.
(a LOT of byler has been happening the past few days btw!)

—————
meanwhile, back with y/n, el and argyle, the pair had managed to get y/n to eat some of the pizza.

or well, after El force fed her like a baby.

y/n gnawed at the food as she spoke, "alright, alright it isn't as bad as I thought."

"ha! told you so!" el laughed.

once y/n had swallowed the food, el leant across the table and wiped a little red sauce that was smeared in the corner of y/n's lips with her thumb. the gesture caused y/n to turn a scarlet colour as el fell back into her seat.

suddenly, the swing doors opened and Jonathan, Will and mike burst out.

"It's time."