Chapter 14

-Faith-
••January 28, 2013••

"Why are we running?" I asked after ten minutes of being pulled through the city by Harry. As soon as I spoke up, though, he reduced his speed to a walk. 

"I'm setting things right," he answered. That was all he had said throughout this madcap journey through London. Just that he was setting something important right and that it had to be right now, which lead to us jumping out of the guest bedroom of Harry’s flat. Luckily the window wasn’t too high, so the landing wasn’t bad. But it was definitely sudden and he wasn’t explaining anything. 

"There!" Harry yelled, gasping for air, as was I. I felt my head becoming light and everything started spinning, though I didn't stop running. 

"Get in," he told me, opening the door to a taxi, which I slid in before shutting my eyes. I was so tired and dizzy after all the running. Harry seemed to have already recovered himself, sitting up completely straight. 

"You alright?" he cooed softly as he ran his fingers through my hair. Everything seemed so distant as the world kept spinning around myself like a merry-go-round that wouldn't stop.  

"You alright?” I heard Harry repeat, shifting closer to me in the little taxi. Suddenly I felt his arms wrap around my body, somehow making the dizziness completely stop. 

As soon as I opened my eyes, I pulled away from Harry, now feeling much better. 

"I’m fine. Thank you, again." I chuckled, remembering how he told me not to thank him anymore. 

"Are you sure you’re okay?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"It happens when I run or move too much," I explained, hugging him once more. His arms were still wrapped around my waist. 

Showing so much affection towards someone was new and odd, but it felt natural. Like I use to do it, or something. I couldn't explain it, but I enjoyed hugging. It was almost nostalgic, a warm and a nice feeling. 

"What is this?" Harry whispered into my ear, making me pull back from his warm body. 

I looked at him in confusion. "Pardon?" 

"Your necklace. What is it?" he asked, taking the key that dangled off a gold chain and fiddling with it. 

I smiled. "It's something Niall gave me..." I trailed off. "I think." 

My smile faded. I didn’t honestly know if it was from Niall, did I?  I just assumed because it seemed the most logical if it was, but it was possible that it was from someone else. 

“It says ‘F and A’?” he said, looking at me inquiringly while letting go of my necklace, letting it gently hit my neck.

“’Forever and always’ is what it stands for,” I replied with a giggle. “It’s something I used to say, I think. I’m not sure.” I laughed again.

He was silent for a moment. "Did you love Niall?" he asked, looking up with me with those huge green eyes. 

"Um…" I stopped before answering, remembering. "I've read many of the chats that I had saved before I lost my, you know, and I'm pretty sure we both dated others because we were constantly talking about other people that we, er, had affection towards." I smiled a little. 

"Wait–," Harry suddenly blurted out, taking my hands and squeezing them tightly. "I was your first kiss, as long as you can remember?" he asked, a cheeky grin on his face. 

I felt my cheeks heat up, and I knew I couldn't escape from the topic. 

"Yes." 

We both blushed, though I’m pretty sure I was redder than he was.