Chapter 40

-Aria-
••Feb 8, 2013••

"Going back to my life without you," Harry replied harshly, swinging the door open and then slamming it behind him, leaving me alone in my home. As soon as he was gone, I could feel uncontrollable tears rushing down my cheeks. I was so upset at him. I had been for so long, and I knew I could have just not brought it up at all and the day would have gone past fine, but I had to ruin it anyways. I needed to. Just to get it out of my system. I don't know what I expected from it all, since it wasn't like he hadn't apologized. Just yesterday he's said sorry to me about six times in each hour. Yet, I still confronted him. Ironically, I knew deep down on why I had brought it up. It was because I wanted the truth from him. On why he did the actions that he did years ago, since he wasn't a violent person. I wanted him to tell me that he did it not only because he was protecting me from a douche bag of a boyfriend but because I was something more to him. But he hadn't said anything like that to me, ever. So I guess I had hoped for something that only existed in my mind.

Letting out a deep sigh, I used the back of my hands to wipe the tears from my cheeks, as I made my way towards the couch. I don't regret calling Harry over after Payton stopped by. I needed someone, and he was there for me, just like the many days in the past. The only issue was, I didn't particularly want him to leave me. I know that he had left my home, but it was Harry. That didn't mean he was gone for ever. He was upset and he stormed out. I knew he'd come back to apologize, or I'd go to him. Whichever came first. This was what we always did.

"Give him some space," I murmured to myself, plopped myself on the couch, resting my head back on the headrest. I wanted to go after him now. I didn't have too much time off before I had to go back to school and take care of Max. But I knew better than that. I needed to let Harry calm down a bit before apologizing. He would probably accept my apology now, if he's the same Styles I used to know. I just knew that it'd be better if I'd left him for an hour or so.

I leaned over to the coffee table by my feet, grabbing the t.v. remote, pointing it at the t.v. in front of me and pressing on the red button.

It quickly switched on, as I vigorously flipped through the various channels. Although I didn't stop flipping through channels, I didn't really pay attention to what I was watching nor why I was doing it. My mind couldn't stop thinking about how I had felt more and more guilty by the second. I shouldn't have pressed on so hard about our past. I knew I was far more happy now having Harry by my side than not having him with me. I shouldn't have upset him, I should have just had a good last day with him before we both had to get back to our responsibilities.

"Grow up Aria," I angrily mumbled to myself, standing up before pressing the red button the remote again, turning it off. I needed Harry in my life and I wasn't about to mess things up so quickly.

Grabbed my phone, I quickly tapped Harry's contact and pressed the phone to my ear.

It rang four times before the line was picked up,

"Hello?"

It wasn't Harry's voice. It was one of his friends that I had met. Louis maybe?

"Hey, it's Aria. Can I speak to Haz?"

"He uh," Louis's voice paused dramatically as I wave of commotion from the background of the phone, overpowered Louis's voice. I couldn't make out what they said but the people in the back seemed to be speaking loudly.

"Still there?" I said.

Was everything ok?

"Hello Aria, it's Liam," another voice came on the line.

"Good day!" I exclaimed cheerfully.

"I have some bad news for you," Liam slowly said as if he was thinking of what words exactly to use, "Harry has gotten hit by a car."