Chapter 41

-Mrs. Gray-
••Feb 8, 2013••

My heels clicked loudly with each step I took. It was a chilly day, even for February.  I had never experienced such a cold day, or at least as far as I can remember. But more importantly, I couldn't remember the last time I walked these filthy streets of England. This was very unlike me. I rarely even walked this much. I hated walking. But, it was only apart of the plan. And I had to follow the plan.

"But Mrs. Gray," Shannon's voice is filled with doubt and uncertainty. She was ridiculous.  How dumb could she be to continue to think that I was putting her in harms way. I was quite certain that Asians were supposedly smart. Didn't seem like that saying was accurate for all Asians, or maybe Shannon was just disgraceful to not only her parents and I, but even her ethnicity.

"Stop," I demanded. I could feel anger rush through my body but I knew this wasn't my new image. Not that Shannon deserved to see me act any different than my normal self. She was kind of in on my plans, and plus, I was paying her enough for her to not worry about how I speak or act towards her.

Regardless, I smiled, using the sweetest voice I could to continue.

"Shannon, why would I ever want to hurt you?" It was difficult for me to sound this kind. It felt like something within me had to die to find this trait within me again. I thought I had destroyed all of my kindness years ago, but I guess I still found a bit of it.

"It just sounds so scary..." Her voice trailed off. Pathetic. She was the definition of pathetic. I knew I should have chosen Kelly Ann who lived 20 minutes away to pay to be Faith's friend. Not this loser of a girl. But I suppose it was way past that now. My daughter was now on the same path as before. To think that she had the power to become better. She was so close to escaping all her bad traits from years ago. Especially Niall. But, now I am a bit afraid they're something more than just friends. And that's the first defeat I'll admit. That was not apart of the plan. But this did not mean I was defeated or at all ready to surrender. I was still fully in control of everything.  Just a few potholes in the road. Nothing that couldn't be patched.

"Shannon, dahling," I started for what must have been the hundredth time of explaining, "I've told you, everything is set up so you'll be safe"

"How can you be so sure?"

"I am," I replied sharply. Did she doubt me? — How offensive.

"Well," Shannon started, but I could hear her suddenly stop for the same reason I stopped walking, turning my head around as far as it'd go only to lay my eyes on Harry Styles.  He had his door to his car open, stepping out of it. He immediately shut the door, walked around the car and to the other side, swinging the door to the passenger side open, grabbing his coat and sliding it on.  I felt absolutely disgusted by the fact that I knew him well enough to know that he was upset about something. Knowing this was a waste of my memory. It was only taking up space in my brain. This only reminds me more of why I needed to get away from Gemma Styles' home and back to my own.

"This way," I directed, turning into someone's lawn. I had the thought to grab Shannon's hand to speed her up and to not risk not getting caught. But who knows the last time she washed her hands. I couldn't risk getting my poor gloves dirty.  

"Fucking Aria," I heard Harry's voice say. I turned back around, Shannon and I were only half way to the home where we stood. But I stopped. Although we were completely out in the open and any human would have noticed us standing here, Harry was so wrapped up in his thoughts he walked right past us, mumbling to himself like a crazy man.

"Wonder if he's ok..." Shannon mumbled to herself and I couldn't help it, my lips pressed together, my face was filled with disgust completely from the fact that she even cared.  But she hadn't notice as she continued to watch the crazy man walk along the sidewalk.