Chapter 22

-Niall-
••January 31, 2013••

I looked back and forth between Faith who was sitting next to me and her mother that sat beside her. It seemed like ages since I've seen them both together. Of course Mrs. Gray had paid me several visits here and there during the time I was believed that Faith died... And then when I was believed that she hated me. But regardless of that, I honestly and truly loved them. How I managed being separated from them for so long was baffling. Maybe it was the love I received from my five best mates kept me sane.

A jolt ran through my spine as I continued to stay silent and watch everyone at the table. I felt young again. Like a huge play date with all my best friends.

I gazed over at Faith and her eyes met mine as a beautiful white smile stretched across her face. I bit my lip, although I didn't look away. It was still surreal to me that she was here with me. Every few minutes or so I looked over just to make sure she was still there. I felt like if I looked away, I would loose her again.

I couldn't let that happen

Not again.

"What just happened?..." I suddenly heard Zayn's voice say. I looked up from my trance noticing even Faith's attention was on everyone else. The excitement that was rushing through my body a few seconds ago disappeared as I noticed the uneasy faces on everyone except for mine.

"Aria!" Faith said as she pulled her napkin off of her lap and placed it on the table, going to follow Aria, who seemed to have left the table. But before Faith could get too far, Harry grabbed her hand.

"Please," Harry said softly, "don't go."

It felt like a weight was dropped inside of me. Just seeing Faith's hand in Harry's made me, for once, feel this uneasy feeling inside. I wanted to get up and grab Faith's hand away from Harry. I never felt this way towards Harry. It was complete and pure jealousy.

I noticed her eyes study him but after a few, long moments, she finally nodded not letting go to Harry's hand as she sat back down.

It hurt.

It hurt more than it should.

He was only holding her hand. It wasn't like he kissed her or anything. But just this small action made me feel like a bullet was shot right into my lower abdomen.

"What is going on Harry?!" Louis stood from his seat, glaring straight at Harry with his piercing blue eyes. Something must have really been wrong. Being so caught up in my own drama and working so hard, trying to make Faith like me like she once did, I hadn't noticed all the drama between the other lads. And let's face it - I wasn't doing a good job with making Faith like me.

I tried hard to ignore my thoughts as I noticed all eyes were still on Harry. He must have done something really wrong. Although all the lads from One Direction were very close and definitely considered best friends, Harry and Louis had their own special connection. They pretended it didn't exist sometimes but they were inseparable and we knew it. There was no way any of us were getting between it, but the look Louis had as he looked at Harry, was just plain scary. I've never seen him this angry.

"Are you going to explain mate?" Louis blared, still standing, looking down at a dumbfounded Harry Styles just sitting there, looking straight up at Louis. I felt the need to do something but I didn't know what. It seemed like it was their problem but I couldn't help but feel like I should be helping them figure this out like I always tried to do with Liam.

"We have Faith back. Her mom is here. It's a lovely dinner. Life is going great and then this one girl ­– this one fucking girl is making you act all weird and, and," He puts one finger up, as his eyes dart around the restaurant before landing back onto Harry, "And just because of her I suddenly feel like I lost my best friend. I don't know what she has to do with your life but you never told me crap about any girl named 'Aria'. I can't help but feel betrayed. I... I just thought we told each other everything... Didn't we?" Louis finished at a whisper.