Chapter 28

- James Gray -
(5 days ago...)
•• January 31st, 2013•• 

"I don't think you understand sister-,"

"I understand perfectly, Brother!" My sister's voice boomed through the speakers.  Even though I wasn't even close to near where she was on this planet, I could still feel the anger and threat that radiated off of her tone.  And I've had to admit, every time I thought I missed her when I don't speak to my lovely sister for a long amount of time, I am quickly reminded within a few minutes of speaking of why we aren't close anymore.  Funny to think that once in our young prime school ages we were friends... We used to even call each other best friends at a point in our life.

"Don't worry about your niece.  She is my daughter and my responsibility."

"But dearest sister, do you care to give me a few minutes to speak?  After all, you were the one that answered my phone call."

"Very well, you have two minutes, and that two minutes has started about 10 seconds ago so you very well should start speaking now."  I could feel my sister's awkward presence as if she was standing over me, looking at her tiny little pocket watch ticking away.  She never scared me, nor was I ever hurt by any of her insults.  Maybe annoyed and disappointed but never afraid of my year younger sister.

"Uhum," I cleared my throat, placing my glass of scotch on the table.

"Sister, I would love to speak to you about your sweetest, and let me remind you, your only daughter, Faith.  You do realize she is hurting.  Dr. Blank has contacted me because you do not return the doctor's daily phone calls and has informed me that if Faith does not attend her regular check ups things could go very wrong.  And regardless of what you may say to everyone, everyone who knows you well enough definitely knows that she is your prize and love.  Frankly, your life revolves around your daughter.  Whether it's when she ran away or when she is peacefully sitting in her room like a girl locked up in your little dungeon, you still love her deep down at the bottom of your-, uhum, well, I would say heart but who knows if you still have anything of that sort.  Honestly, I believe that you've lost part of  your heart many years ago when Patrick DeSouza left you.  He was such a kind man; too bad you scared him away with how uptight and scary you were... Poor Pat, or should I say 'Pat-i-poo', like you used to refer to him? -But enough about yourself, getting back to the main subject, let me remind you, I called to tell you that Faith needs to go to the doctors and if you don't take her then I will have no choice but to fly over there myself.  Because she is kind and still has a heart, unlike yo-,"

"Two minutes." It was as if I imagine my sister pursing her lips and giving me that death glare of hers. 

"Thank you for not interrupting me." I said to my kindest manner, picking up the pretty indented glass cup that I had gotten from a glass shop when I visited France last summer.  I only used it to drink scotch, which I occasionally did.  I clearly wasn't an alcoholic, I just knew how to enjoy a drink or two... every few hours of my daily life.

"It was so kind of you to take the time to call but clearly brother, you do not understand what is happening in Faith and my current life.  I have it all under control."

"I beg to differ, Dr. Blank has rung me for the past two weeks."

"Impossible, I spoke to her less than a week ago and Faith is right where I want her.  She is with her old friend and everything is slowly falling into place.  Shannon Chin is doing exactly what I have asked her to do and nothing has ever seemed to work out so well.  It is actually quite hard not to smile when I can see everything working so well."

"Sister, I am clearly begging you to-,"

"Everything will be perfectly fine brother.  Stop worrying and go along with your own life."

"As you wish.  But remember this: when things start to fall apart, there will be no one left for you, sister." 

And with that, I heard the call being dropped, and to be completely honest, I was much more satisfied than I expected to be.  Sister was never a patient lady, nor did she ever care to wait for anyone so I am glad she even took the time to listen to my thoughts. 

Slowly I placed the fragile glass on the table, grabbing the rest of my scotch that I had placed on my cluttered desk in front of me, and poured a bit more into my glass. 

- Shannon Chin -
•• February 4th, 2013•• 

I felt a warm breath tickling my neck as I turned to see Niall Horan's body in inch away from mine, still completely asleep.

"Ugh," I groaned, "so gross." I said under my breath as I wiggled myself out of his arms, squirming my way out of the bed.  He had a strong grip, even for a sleeping man, even though he seemed quite small and-, well-, weak, he was much stronger than I expected. 

Slowly I made my way to the bathroom, fixing my hair as well as quickly putting on my face before I walked out, tip toeing to the couch, trying to avoid making the bamboo floor creek under my light feet. 

"You're late," I heard a voice say.  Even though I am expecting this person, I still let out a light squeal of surprise.  But I am certain that it was quiet enough that I was not to wake anyone.  And yet I hear a loud 'shh' from Mrs. Gray who is sitting in front of me.

"Please do not upset me, I have had such a stressful few days," Mrs. Gray whispers, "but I have no choice but to have to praise you with your excellent job these past few days.  You have been doing such a great job, if I hadn't known better, I would have thought that even yourself have forgotten that this was just a job to get your career back going... But you haven't forgotten, have you?" I watched as Mrs. Gray crossed her legs, with a huge mug of coffee in her hands. 

"Of course not, ma'am.  I really appreciate you for being so kind to me."

"Good.  I hope you realize that this is going to only get harder for us but we must stick with our part and act most worrisome when time comes."

I quickly nodded.

"Good.  I am so glad you're working for me, Shannon Chin.  I believe you remind me of a younger me.  Of course, not as pretty though."

______________________________________________

Thoughts? Comment/Vote!

I have the next chapter all ready to go so as soon as this story hits 50 votes (or more) I will update that new part. 

If you think that 50 votes is a lot and that I won't update for ages, that should not be true.  I used to receive a minimum of 700 votes for each chapter, so honestly my expectations from my fans/followers have really dropped.  The effort that we-, the writers-, put into our work is quite a lot.  Including our very precious time.  So after reading a chapter here on Wattpad, just do us a favor and tap that vote button.  I know it isn't a huge hassle because I do it all the time when I read stories on here...

It's really appreciated.  (And I speak from all Wattpad writers.)

Now, on a less serious note: I hope you enjoyed this chapter.  It kind of spiced things back up.  Next chapter will be NIALL'S POV so make sure to vote so I post the next chapter sooner!

Love you all, thank you for the endless support and love<3

Tina, xx

Dedicated to: IsaMelrose for always commenting and DM-ing me about this story.  You rock!  (Also, happy early birthday!)