Chapter 26

-Shannon-

••Feb 3, 2013••

"Okay guys, what the fuck is happening."

My eyes darted up to Liam, for once forgetting about how red my eyes probably were from crying all day.

"Language!" Louis exclaimed loudly before sitting down next to Harry and putting his arm around his shoulder, casually.  I knew who they all were.  Not well, but I knew of them.  Louis Tomlinson sat next to Harry Styles, who was asleep with Faith a few seconds ago.  Liam was the one that just walked in, who seemed to be very confused on why both Faith and I are here.  And Zayn was sitting on the other couch with Gemma and Mrs. Gray.  And Niall stood next to me. 

Although I've been here for the past two days, I hadn't really spoken to any of them other than Niall Horan.  Personally, I didn't think they wanted to include me in anything after all I've done.  I mean, I don't know how much they knew, but with Faith here, I couldn't even imagine how much hate she was probably speaking of me.  But at least I had Niall.  He was sweet to me.  Not only did he forgive me for all the wrong doings that I've done to Faith and the whole Gray family, but he's also helped me.  No one has ever been this kind to me before...

"Li, take a seat, this might take a while..." The curly haired boy said, sitting up straighter so he is no longer touching Faith's body.  I don't know why I notice little details like this, but I found it odd how close Harry and Faith sat next to each other.  Maybe she's found someone that makes her feel comfortable.  She had never really had that, other than Lisa, the housemaid at the Gray household. 

I watched as Liam sat and waited patiently for someone to speak up.

"Hi Liam, it's nice to meet you again," Faith got up from her seat and gave him a quick hug before sitting back down.

Harry smiled at Faith, but he scooted even closer to Louis as she sat back down.

"I'm glad you're doing better, Faith," Liam said kindly before he turned to Niall and just stared at him with worry in his eyes.  I think Niall must have looked stressed.  Personally I didn't know what he regularly looked like so I couldn't say, but everyone seemed a bit worrisome for Niall.

"So, I don't know who wants to explain but I will tell you a bit of my part," Faith started speaking in her calm, Irish accent.  "So, starting from the beginning, I ran away from my home because of..." She paused for a moment, glancing over at her mother before continuing, "complications.  And when I got to England, Harry found me.  He took me in and helped me.  And then he reunited me with my best friend."  She smiled, looking over at Niall.

I couldn't help but notice Niall not looking up as she spoke.  It made me feel super uneasy, and I think everyone else felt it because it seemed to linger throughout the room.  But even with this silence, Niall still didn't look up, as if he was purposely ignoring her.

"Anyways," Harry cleared his throat, "Faith's mother found our location, and she's been quite kind and made some really good foods for us.  Then Shannon Chin, who is Faith's friend has been staying here for the past few days, so it's practically a party."  I knew Harry had all good intentions as he spoke, and it was obvious he was trying to lighten up the mood, and it didn't seem to be working as Niall's unhappiness continued to overpower.

"I see," Liam cleared this throat as he slowly stood up as he readjusted his tight jeans and then sitting back down. "Well, it's very lovely to see you all are doing well."  He smiled as he glanced around the room.

"Oh! And did you hear about a girl named Aria before because apparently she's a big deal in Harry's life and yet I have never been informed of such Aria." Louis said, his tone a bit angry as he looked over at Harry with displeasure.  I couldn't tell if he was joking or not because they were still slightly cuddling as they sat together on the cough.

"Yeah, Aria Lee, the girl that was his best friend since a prime school, right?" Liam said, looking over at Harry as Harry slowly nodded.

"Wow!  Is it only me that didn't know?!" Louis stood up, "I'll be in my room." He stormed off, but still, he didn't' seem that angry.  Maybe he was angry, he just sucked at acting like it.

"I'm going to continue grabbing the groceries," Gemma also got up, "I'm making beef stew tonight." She said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Thanks Gem," Liam said before looking over at Niall. "Hey Nialler, you wanna talk?"

There was a long silence before Niall finally looked up at Liam and shook his head, "Nah, I'll talk to you all tomorrow though.  I think I'm going to go to bed early..." he trailed off as his eyes seemed to meet Faith's and then he looked back down.  "Shannon, let's go." He demanded as I nodded.

"Have a wonderful night," I said quickly to everyone in the room as I followed Niall to the stairs. 

The way Niall walked was very quick, as if he didn't want to look back, but when we got inside the bedroom, he sat on the bed, letting out a long sigh before he looked over at my weak body standing by the bedside. 

Slowly he shook his head, as if he was angry with himself, or maybe in some type of disbelief.  Then he laid down on the bed, resting his head on the pillows, letting out another long sigh.

"You know," I said, as I sat down on the edge of the bed, "I can leave if you'd like.  I mean, you obviously are stressed that I've come and a lot has been changing for me.  Before I knew I was the best.  I mean, I still am very special, but I since my mother called, I've been broken.  I don't know what to do.  Faith was supposed to help me, but then again I've never been a good friend to her, so why would she be mine?  She hasn't even really spoken to me.  I mean, are her and Harry dating because she's been with him 24/7 and it's just–,"

"Shhhh," Niall said, his voice was calm and quiet.

"Don't you think it's odd that–,"

"Please, don't speak about Harry and Faith."  Niall's voice was almost so quiet that I could barely hear him, "I get it Shannon, ok?  They obviously get along well.  For all I know, they're dating.  Can you just not bring it up?  I'd rather not talk about it."

I slowly nodded as laid down next to him, cautious that I didn't touch his body, not wanting to disturb him.  Normally, I wouldn't mind touching him, I mean he's rich.  I needed the money.  And to be completely honest, maybe some good would come from this and he would give me the money I need to continue my carrier, but for now, I was too tired to think.  I just needed to sleep. 

I shut my eyes, almost immediately falling asleep.  And if I hadn't known better, I was pretty sure that Niall wrapped his arms around me as we both fell into a much needed deep sleep. 

______________________________________________

Haha, don't hate meeeee.

But at least you can love me for updating so quickly after the last update?

Hopefully the next one is up soon!

Huge Haith/Farry scene in the next chapter ;)

- Tina

PS: the picture is Shannon Chin at the top for those of you two ask me what she looks like!