Chapter 31

-Mrs.Gray-

••Feb 4, 2013••

I could feel Niall's uneasiness, and quite frankly everyone seemed a bit uneasy with the situation we were currently in. The pathetic boys of One Direction, Shannon Chin, occasionally Gemma Styles (who's home we were staying in), and of course, Faith and I, all under the same roof. What innocent, kind, and young children they all were... None of them truly understanding my plan, although poor Shannon thinks she does. If only they knew that I was always one step ahead of them and any curve ball shot towards me, I've found a way to get out of the way. Clearly, all I was trying to do is make everything back to normal. First of all, getting One Direction back on the track to success by getting them to start their world tour soon. Oh and hopefully, before then, Faith will realize that Niall and Shannon are now going to be a couple and that Harry has never cared for her. It was actually quite lucky for me that he was so in love with that girl named Aria Lee. That part I did not have to plan, nor put any effort into. Since it all happened naturally, so Harry is no threat to me. He would hurt her without even knowing it. As for Niall... He was a bit stubborn. But I expected that from him. Since he had never really given up on Faith or what he thought was right for my daughter. He seemed to think he was in charge of her, when in reality, only I was. Even my ignorant brother thought he could help... It makes me laugh to think any of these people think they can control Faith or my life.

Screech

A loud, and quite disturbing noise came from Harry's chair as he slid it back, and quickly jumped up, jolting past everyone as he pulled his phone out, answering it without any hesitation as he exited the room.

"Is he alright?" I asked.

It was kind of hard for me to admit that this was probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Never in my life have I had to pretend to like someone I, – well, not to be harsh but– hated with every little piece of me. It was quite a task for me and I have to say, I was doing quite a good job at this, 'nice' thing. Don't want to pat myself on the back or anything but, I'm probably by far the best at achieving everything I attempt.

"He's fine. Probably his mum," Louis said.

Honestly I didn't even notice he was there till he said something. What a weird fella.

"That's so cute," Faith replied, placing pancakes on each of her new friend's plates.

"I don't know if I'd call it cute..." Niall mumbled. I don't think anyone could hear him other than me. But I'd got to admit, it was hard not showing even a slight smile as he said those words. Knowing that he was so upset brought so much happiness to me. And I know he could probably win back Fatih's love if he'd just talk to her directly but, sadly to admit, I've known Niall Horan for quite a long time now and he was definitely not one to chase a girl around. That's probably why he had never had a girl friend since I have met him.

But as long as nothing changes, there was nothing anyone could do to change the destiny of both Faith and I. My outcome that I have been planning will be the outcome that is meant to be. Thank God for me that all these children were so idiotic.

-Shannon-

••Feb 4, 2013••

"Finally," I placed the last plate in the shelf, shutting the cupboards. Quickly I hung the kitchen towel that I had used to dry the dishes with on the hook near the pantry door.

It had been a while since I have had to help with the dishes. But it was all worth it. I mean, since Mrs. Grey was getting me a record deal and a career again if I helped her win back Faith, I suppose washing a few dishes a few times wasn't too bad...

"Here, there's a few more," Louis walked in handing me five more dirty plates.

"Really?!" I exclaimed without hesitation.

"Problem?" Louis raised his eyebrow, crossing his arms.

"Oh no, of course not," I forced a smile as I walked back over to the sink, rolling my eyes ever so slightly.

"You know," Louis started with a light sigh, "millions of girls would die to be in the situation you are in now. And I'm not saying this to be conceded."

Louis stopped, picking up an apple that was on the counter and rubbing it on his shirt before continuing.

"No, definitely not to be conceded. But to be better friends, umm, – Shannon, wasn't it?" He inquired, taking a bite out of the apple, "Ahh Shannon, we must become best friends. And I am one hundred percent honest with my best friends. So let me just be honest with you – best friend, – you may be able to trick Niall since he has such a kind heart. He really truly is the sweetest. And he can't help it but help others. But me, no sweetie. I like people who are kind to me, yes. But then there are those few who manipulate my friends like Faith's mum is; well, I don't like those kinds of people. I hope you understand that I see right though you two devils. And if you do anything to my Nialler, let's just say, it won't be good for you two."

I scoffed, squirting soap into the sponge rubbing it on a filthy plate.

"Well I'm glad we are best friends now Louis," I forced a smile to my face.

"Me too. Nice talking to you," Louis said in a bitter tone, jumping off the counter. I waited a few minutes till I heard the sound of the door click before I let out a deep breath.

"Wow Louis Tomlinson, just so intimidating. I am just so scared of Louis Tomlinson," I chuckled as I spoke with much intended sarcasm.

"Oh I know I am and you should be," Louis's voice said causing me to jump. I quickly turned around just to see Louis standing right behind me, chewing on his apple casually.

"Do you want to do the dishes since you're just standing here?" I snapped, turning to him letting the water run.

"Nope," Louis replied, turning around and straight out of the door.

"Jerk." I mumbled to myself.

"Heard that!" Louis said obviously just outside the door.

"I expected you to!" I yelled back, turning back to the sink, finishing the last of them then quickly putting them all away. 

____________________

A/N:  Would just like to thank you all for all the comments this past week! New readers and old readers, you guys are the best!  Had quite a few people who messaged me and told me they re-read this story and it's just amazing to know that you guys are taking the time to read something I write in my bedroom just for fun.  Love you guys!  Thank you always. 

Dedicated to: awesomemay13 for leaving the nicest comment on the last chapter.  If you'd like a dedication, just leave a comment on this chapter.         

 - Tina, xox