Chapter 36

-Mrs.Gray-
••Feb 7, 2013••

"Done," I murmured to myself as I slid open the top drawer of the desk and paced the stack of papers there.  It had been a horrendous six hours of paperwork, phone calls, and online chats, (which, I must add, was absolutely a ridiculous waste of my time) but now I am completely done.  Nothing felt more satisfying than this.  And by satisfying, I don't mean the fact that my paper work is done, but that my plan is all coming together.  I could hear the cheering in my head become louder.  It was almost a hand reach away to the finish line. And when I'm done with it all, I will never have to see any of the One Direction members ever again.  Especially Niall Horan. 

I could hear the door behind me click closed.  Finally.  I felt like the pace of this home was ridiculously slow –– definitely not my style. Regardless, I had to pretend to like it. And pretending is not my style. 

"Have you found Faith and Niall?" I said.  I don't turn around nor do I even look over my shoulder.  I just simply shut my laptop, resting back in my chair. 

"Yes,"

"Please tell me you took care of it."

"Well..."

I quickly spun around on the office chair, looking over at the two figures at the doorway. 

"Did one of you filthy humans do something about it?" I made sure my voice is soft and kind.  Not because I particularly liked them –– of course not, but because I needed them for this plan. 

"Niall hates me," Shannon spoke up first.  Her voice is pathetically sad sounding, as if I've ever cared for her.

"And that matters, why?"

"I can't get into his room," her voice is filled with sorrow and I had the sudden urge to shake her. Physically hold hersides and shake her as hard as I could. She needed it; since deep down she even knows that she should not be sad that Niall hates her.  He's a no one.  But instead I resisted myself; staying calmly in my seat.

"How about you?" I turned, waving my hand as if I am dismissing Shannon.  She was useless anyways. Always have been, and probably always will be.

"I hadn't done anything so far," Zayn replied and I let out a long dramatic sigh, resting my head in my hands.  I just could not understand how these two failed at everything I asked them to do.  First of all, Shannon was a veteran at helping me with these types of requests so she had absolutely no excuse on why she didn't do her job.  And even though Zayn also had no excuse with why he didn't make a move, I guess he's new at this so I couldn't expect too much. 

"That's fine," I said even though I didn't mean it.  I needed them to get both Faith and Niall out of Niall's bedroom.  I needed them to be in the kitchen.  But I suppose my plan will go on either way.  Thank god I was so much of a genius to create a plan that I don't need to rely on such terribly idiotic helpers. 

"I'm sorry Elizabeth," Shannon said and I could feel my face heat up with anger.

"You must call me Mrs. Gray,"

"I–," Shannon spoke.  She looked terrified and Zayn, who still stood next to her, looked equally as scared.  Which is pitiful for a guy.  His eyes were wide and alarmed by the intenseness of my voice.

"I'm sorry Shannon," I hated having to be nice.  Just a few more days and I could be back to my own lovely home.  "I'm just so stressed out.  But I appreciate you two's help.  Zayn, if you can, please try to get both Niall and Faith into the kitchen.  Shannon, you're no longer helpful if Niall doesn't respect you."