Chapter 2

-Niall-
••December 25, 2012••

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Seriously lads! I'm not joking." I ran my fingers through my dirty blonde locks.

"We aren't saying that we don't believe you," Liam said patting me on my back trying to comfort me. "It's just, are you sure it wasn't a dream?" 

I opened my mouth to reply but Zayn's voice cut in. "Niall, we all know you've had a dream exactly like that, mate."

I stared at him with a baffled look. He didn't believe me. None of them did.

I shook my head. I was fuming. The only thing was, I wasn't only mad at them. I was also mad at myself for not answering that call during the late night show. I could have. I knew I could have. I even looked at the caller ID before ignoring it. If anyone in the world had told me it was Faith, I would have undoubtedly answered the call. 

I scrawled. "I know it was her, okay?" I said in a more of a demanding tone. 

"Niall, snap out of it." Louis said slapping me on the cheek.

I gasped as my eyes fluttered open. It was dark and there were no other lights except for the moonlight that lit the room. It was a full moon so the room was dimly lit enough to see around. I didn't remember going to bed last night. And yet here I was, on my bed in my parent's house. My knuckles were white from grasping onto the bedside table so tightly. I hadn't remembered the details of my room till now. Even through the foggy moonlight I noticed my new chest of drawers, which must have been replaced by my mother during my time away. It was nice to be home again. No more stress with work or touring. Just doing a few promotional things for our new album, Take Me Home. It was nice and relaxing again.

Right when I thought the only problem I had during this Christmas break was getting the courage to meet Faith's parents-well, obviously I was wrong. The phone call. I never in my life thought that one simple phone call could ruin my life. I was determined. So very determined to find Faith and reunite with her.

A jolt of anxiousness shivered down my spine. I let go of the bedside table. My hand was sore from holding on so tightly. I quickly laid back down and shut my eyes trying to go back to sleep. As if I could, knowing my best friend was somewhere in this world. Well-I hoped I could. But it was obviously no use. Tomorrow I was going to Faith's parents house and what if she's there? What would I do?

I mean, the phone call, that wasn't a dream... right? I know after dropping my phone, Harry tried to listen to the voice message and it wasn't there. Like it never existed. Like I was dreaming the whole thing up.

Sure, Harry just looked at me in a weird way at first but he knew I wasn't hallucinating ... right? It's not like I have been drinking a lot recently either.

All I wanted to know was, what had happened to her after she supposedly "died"?

-Harry-
••December 25, 2012••

"Oh god," I said rolling my eyes as I walked into the lounging room.

"You okay, Boo Bear?" Louis asked as soon as I entered the room. He patted the empty cushion beside him indicating me to sit down.

I let out a frustrated groan before resting my head on Louis's shoulder.

"You seem stressed, Harreh. Feeling ill?" Louis asked playing with my messy curls.

I didn't bother raising my head up from my best mate's shoulder as I replied. "We have to tell him soon, Lou."

"Tell who? What? When? Are you talking about Santa Claus?"

I shut my eyes feeling sleep overcome myself. So much had happened in the past few days that I just couldn't take it any longer.

Those calls from Niall's so-called best friend, or girlfriend, or whoever she was, is ruining everything! The first time she called was a few months ago and that pretty much started this whole thing. First of all, us One Direction boys, making a hard decision before deciding to making a pact, and then after all that, she called him. She called him like nothing had ever happened. Like none of us would care if she called. What was she thinking? All the things the boys and I had to do to keep him away from her was horrendous and time consuming. And there she was. Just calling like it was the simplest thing in the world. To ruin everything.

"Harreh," Louis said in a questioning tone as if he was checking if I was asleep or not.

"Yeah?" My voice was drowsy and tired.

"You knackered?" He simply asked.

"Yeah, I better head off to bed. Good night Lou," I said forcing myself back onto my feet and towards the bedrooms. I held onto the white walls, guiding my way back to my bedroom.

"Harry, is that you?" I heard an Irish accent ask from one of the bedrooms.

"Hi," I said, only because that was the only thing I could think of saying.

"Hazza, do you think she will call back?" Niall's voice was shaky with emotion.

There was a long silence as the words hung between us. "Yeah, mate, go back to bed." I said at last.

"Thanks for always being there for me and being so honest," he called out from the dark room. It was so sudden and so far from the previous discussion that I was unprepared.

I stood there looking into a room that was unseen from my view but I knew he could see me. I kept a straight face deciding what to do.

We made a pact. I couldn't be the one to ruin it, could I? I thought to myself. I mean it's been so long since we could completely be honest to Niall. And he thought I was being honest with him. He thought he could trust me.

"Um, yeah. Night," I said.

"Good night. Shut the door, Hazza."

I nodded, not knowing if he could see me or not. I walked over to the doorframe, grabbed the doorknob and shut it.

I let out a shaky sigh. I needed to tell him. I couldn't keep this secret to myself any longer.

I would talk to Liam tomorrow, I decided on my walk back to my room.

I got into my room, drawing the solid door behind me. I leaped onto the bed and immediately fell asleep.

Thanks for all the support I received on the last chapter. It really means the world! :)