Chapter 37

-Liam-

••Feb 7, 2013••

There's no doubt about it, I was absolutely left out of everything that occurred in the Gemma household since I've gotten back. It's been a total of four days and I still felt knackered, which was silly since it wasn't like I had any ridiculous jetlag to blame. It must have just been the fact that everyone in the house was so tense, and for once, no one wanted to share any piece of it with me. I was the one everyone came to, and now it's as if I don't even exist.

According to me, all I knew was the fact that I went to go enjoy Andy's wedding, came back to think we had a lot of vocal work to do, but it seemed as if none of us ever hang out together anymore, let alone work. Zayn occasionally went to the studio to do vocal warmups on his own, but he does that even when he's on holiday. Harry has vanished, which was a bit worrisome, but I suppose he tends to disappear from time to time, especially when we are on the road. Typically, he'd find a new girl to hang out with for a few days before coming back, although I always felt as if he only came back to rant to me or Niall on why the lads from the band are his only friends since girls are crazy, blah, blah. Heard it a million times. Still, I'll probably call him to make sure he's okay. – As for Niall, he seemed troubled, depressed even, for the past few days. Only today have I seen his normal grin plastered on his face. I had just managed to roll out of bed to grab some of the coffee he had brewed and he was already so hyper and excited for something, but he didn't say anything other than 'good morning.' Lastly, Louis seemed like the only one who was acting normal. Other than being upset at Harry about his friend Aria, Louis seemed practically normal. Still, not even Louis spoke to me about anything that was occurring.

"Good afternoon, sweetie," Mrs. Gray said from behind me as she walked into the room, where I was sitting on one of the two long couches in Gemma's living room. I had left my room, initially to find one of the lads to talk to, but I ended up just sitting here alone. Although, it was kind of nice to be able to think about a plan on how I should help this bizarre mood everyone was in, since it seemed as if it was some sort of trance that I was the only one who didn't get hypnotized.

"Good day," I replied casually, not getting up from my seat. I had slightly forgotten that Faith and her mother were visiting. I found it weird that they were here. Oh, and that Asian girl who was with Niall. Was that his girlfriend? I was positive Niall didn't have many secrets from us, but I have no memory of Niall telling us about this short Asian girl.

"Have you seen my daughter?" Mrs. Gray inquired, walking around the couch so she is now in front of me. She was wearing a white blouse, a tan wrinkle-free skirt that went to her knees, with high heels, and the loads of make up on her face.

I had only said a few words to this lady, but somehow, I disliked her. I am not one to judge so easily, I leave that to Harry and Louis, who tend to joke about people and quickly come to conclusions based on how they speak or look. But that wasn't me. Yet, I felt a gut feeling that she was not a good person as I watched her stand in front of me, fiddling with her white gloves that I hadn't noticed till now.

"No ma'am," I replied. I had not seen anyone today other than Niall, who excitedly ran off into his bedroom, but that was hours ago.

"Very well," Mrs. Gray sighed, obviously upset with my reply as she grabbed the bag that was sitting on the lamp table, swinging it on her shoulder.

I felt uneasy as I stood up from where I sat. This woman was standing way too close to me. (Although she actually wasn't very close, since she was a solid few feet away.) I then grabbed my phone off the couch that must have fallen out of my pocket, and stuffed it back into my right pocket as I sprinted my way back towards the room that I was staying in. Since Gemma wasn't here for a few days, due to work in Spain, she let me stay in her room.