Chapter 29

-Niall-
••Feb 4, 2013••

A long sigh was the first thing that came out of my mouth as I walked into the kitchen. Harry and Faith stood over the stove, laughing historically as they cooked what looked like blueberry pancakes. Although I understood that maybe I wasn't the one for her anymore, I couldn't lose any hope. There was no way that the special bond that we used to have was completely gone. I could understand that what we had might not be as strong as it used to be but there is no way in the world that her and I were nothing. I mean, we had everything a friendship should have-, all the way from nicknames to matching bracelets! That couldn't just completely disappear.

"H- Harry, stop!" I heard Faith choke out between laughs as Harry splashed some of the sink water onto her as he pretended to wash his hands.

I loved Harry. He was one of my best mates. We got along well and I knew I couldn't blame him or even get angry with him for what he is doing with Faith. He had all the right to what ever he wanted to do around her, although I kind of wished he didn't most of the time...

As for Faith... Watching her being so happy made my heart melt and I would even find myself smiling to myself as I watched. I couldn't even really explain to anyone why I felt this way but I assumed it was because the last time I had seen her this happy was with me years ago... I used to see her smile and look at me that way everyday of my life before One Direction or even X-Factor. I knew that it was now a while ago when I auditioned for X-Factor but I felt like it was only yesterday when Faith looked at me and told me that she had applied me to auditions. And the way she would look at me and insist that I couldn't back down and that I had to go was something she said to me every single day till she, well... couldn't anymore, and that look and happiness that followed it still lingered in my mind. I loved her to death back then and I couldn't help but feel the same way now.

"Niall! You're finally up!" I heard Shannon's squeaky voice coo from behind me. Probably from Gemma's den. I loved Gemma's house and I loved that it was so outrageously huge that we practically all had a room to sleep in. Only a few of us had to double up but it wasn't a huge deal, especially because Zayn had his own bedroom and no one was worse than Zayn to sleep in the same room with. He would get up so early to get ready and I swear to god that kid did not know what the first part of being quiet even meant.

"Good morning Niall," I heard Faith's soft voice say kindly as she walked by with a huge stack of pancakes. "I hope you're hungry because I cooked us some good blueberry pancakes."

"Nice; that's my favorite," I replied quietly as I watched her walk by.

"Oh no you didn't!" Faith giggled, waving the spatula in front of my face.

"Oh I think I did," I said speedily before quickly turning around and dashing out of the kitchen.

"Nialler! Get back here!" I heard Faith's voice say and before I could blink I felt her body jump onto my back, holding on for dear life as I swung around attempting to get her off.

"You're like a whale, you're so heavy! Blub Blub, I'm Faith the Fat Whale!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Whales don't make that noise, that's obviously a fish, and fish are small and skinny so thanks for the compliment." Faith quickly shot back, sliding off my back and crossing her arms as she raised her eyebrows, waiting for my reply. As I opened my mouth, I realized I had no good come back to that but luckily I didn't have to.

"Keep it down you guys!" I heard my mom yell from upstairs making both of us stop dead in our tracks and giggle.

"Mrs. Horan is gonna yell at us again," Faith grinned and sent me a quick wink before her grin faded.

"What's wrong?!" I quickly asked. I could feel my body panic as I watched her smile fade. It was like her unhappiness immediately made my body weak and fragile.

"It's terrible Niall..." She said then paused for a long time before she turned and started running back to the kitchen, "the blueberry pancakes are probably burning!"

My body let out a chuckle of relief as I ran after her back to the kitchen.

"I hope you enjoy your breakfast. Harry and I worked hard trying not to burn them." Faith giggled, placing the huge stack of pancakes on the table.

"Aw, honey. Thank you for cooking." Mrs. Gray said as she kindly looked over at Faith with that oh-so-fake smile.

I wasn't going for her act. Mrs. Gray, or as I used to call her; Elizabeth, was never like this. She was rather the opposite. Even years ago when Faith and I were best friends she never accepted any of us; she always wanted something she didn't have. She was just that person who was there everyday for Faith and I to make fun of and she would scold us every time we opened our mouths. Plus, half the time she was on trips. That was all she did... Well, actually, when I used to be younger, I remember seeing her in her bedroom crying as she looked at some photo book. Years after I learned that it was all tears for her "long-lost husband," or something. I know it's terrible but I remember Faith and I making fun of it in Faith's bedroom one day. Honestly we could care less; besides, we barely associated with Elizabeth. So I don't know why she was being so kind now. There was no way someone like her could suddenly become this kind. It was logically impossible.

"Why didn't you tell me you were up?" Shannon's voice was close to my ear, making me flinch and take a huge step forward.

"Sorry," I said as I turned around to face her. "Didn't think it was necessary..."

Shannon wasn't a bad person. She was slightly at lost with her life so I felt the need to help. It was only my human nature to worry and care, but she seemed to be making everything worse. Every chance I've had so far to talk to Faith, she would butt in and stop me. Maybe she was doing me some good; I mean, I suppose I didn't personally need to speak to Faith. Especially because Faith seemed to be so happy with Harry.

"Happy eating!" I heard Faith say with a giggle and my eyes immediately filled with tears.

"Happy eating!" Faith and I cooed at once as we placed the highly stacked blueberry pancakes on the table.

"I told you to keep it down!" I heard my mom yell again from her bedroom making Faith and I exchange looks before we both burst out with uncontrollable laughter making it hard for us to eat the freshly made pancakes that were placed in front of us.

"I'm not hungry; please excuse me." I said as I quickly dashed to my bedroom and locked the door behind me, making sure Shannon wouldn't follow me.

It was true; I was unhappy and I missed my best friend so much that it broke my heart. I tried to be manly for my own sake but I couldn't anymore... I missed my Faith Elizabeth Gray and I wanted us to be back to normal, just like we used to. Honestly I would give up One Direction forever to be back with my Faith.

_______________________________________________

Thoughts? comment! vote! :)

Any input helps me! xoxo

Stay fabulous,

- Tina

Dedicated to @Plottin2ruletheWorld . Hope when you rule the world I can be apart of the plot;) Hehe, anyways, thanks for always reading. xo