𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐲

'Oh, my dear Aemma... Where have you been? I missed you awfully.'

A quiet sigh escaped Aelina's lips as she put her hands on Viserys's shoulders, making him lay back on his bed. Twenty minutes of attempts to make him fall asleep, full of cries about Rhaenyra, just him to be woken up again as someone opened the goddamn door.

'Aemma, did you bring Daemon here? Ah, I missed him too. What a nice wife I have.'

Daemon...

Aelina huffed. Of course, it was her twin brother.

Things were always like that - Viserys had these bad days when he hardly understood what was going on, and if Aelina and Aemond were unlucky enough to be found around, they would be mistaken for his long ago dead wife and deeply missed little brother. 

Never son and daughter. Only replacements for the ghosts of the past, that's who they were.

'Sure, brother,' Aemond offered him a devilish smile, either trying to copy their uncle's usual one or because it humoured him. 'Aemma is the best wife you could have, am I wrong?'

'You..' she rolled her eyes.

'Yeah... Aemma... Don't leave... Not again...'

His breaths calmed down and they attentively watched as their father finally fell asleep, whispering something about the wedding he had.

'Were you here to tell him about lord Vaemond?'

Aelina silently raised from her seat, catching brother's hand, tugging him to the doors.

In fact, yes. She was planning to give him this news, hoping that his daughter's upcoming would make him happy. But today Viserys wasn't quite in mind.

'He didn't understand a thing,' she mumbled, walking deeper in the corridors, to her favourite balcony.

With Viserys being completely shattered, making his last breaths, Otto and Alicent being the ones to rule, the capital became chaotic. And today, this idiot, Vaemond suddenly decided that it's a good idea - to proclaim Lucerys an illegitimate son, messing everything up even more than before.

What a prick.

'I would be surprised if he did.'

'It's getting annoying,' as they left behind guards, Aelina became more erratic and openly expressive.

Aemond from the other side kept calm behaviour, playing with sister's hand as a cat with a ball of threads. He used to do so as a kid - mostly, on dinners or between lessons - but habits surely dying hard.

'I don't even know who annoys me the most,' she continued. 'Mother? Grandfather?'

There was a minute of silence, before both of them answered in the perfect synchronisation:

'Aegon.'

It was a long time since Aelina offered her big brother a peace. Friendly talks and hugs? Even longer. Nowadays it is impossible to be next to this man for more than two minutes. He was pathetic in the worst possible way. She despised being called his relative, not to say a sister. Aemond shared her feelings readily, and both of them being constantly sent to catch him in the brothels, only worsened their hatred.

'The thought of him being our King kills me,' Aemond spit out. 'Could you imagine him? To be the Conquer of the World?'

Aelina laughed.

'I rather have you as my king, brother.'

'Such a coincidence. I wished to kneel only before you, sister.'