𝐱. 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐬

When Aelina woke up this morning her first instinct was to notice that Aemond was still sleeping.

Aemond Targaryen - and therefore, she too - never allowed himself to sleep past seven in the morning. But here he was, sleeping safe and sound, not even planning to wake up. This realisation made Aelina smile widely as her brother was finally resting well.

Usually, the unbelievable amount of work drove them to start their day too early and finish it in time when it was already past midnight; even later if Aegon was somewhere they couldn't find where. The fact that both twins were regularly suffering from sleeping troubles, Aemond especially, didn't help at all as their endurance got lower. Oh, and then there was chronic responsibility that didn't allow them to rest, until all work was done. Therefore, there weren't really many days when they overslept.

But, right now, Aemond was asleep. Even though it was already deep in the morning, past breakfast time, probably. But she couldn't bring herself to wake him up. So, instead, Aelina just wrote a little note about going to check on their dragon's safety, hoping that he will not get too angsty for not being woken up in time.

The place where Rhaenyra located their dragons was vast, and Maevrina met her with a slight growl as Aelina could only sigh, patting her scales carefully.

Maevrina wanted to fight. She desired to taste blood again, to release fire, to bring chaos - she wished to do things that were her work. Her passion, even. But it was something that Aelina couldn't allow her here. At least, now.

'I am sorry,' she hummed. 'You shall wait. Believe me, the war is coming. You will have as much blood as you want too.'

For a mere second Maevrina seemed satisfied, but then she tensed up as if noticing someone's presence. After a while, Aelina heard an upcoming voice, too.

'I think there is someone in here...' When she turned to the side of the entrance, she saw two heads, equally curly and dark. 'Oh.'

The shortest boy - the one who was looking at her with big eyes - was Joffrey, and next to him, rubbing sleepy eyes, stood Lucerys.

'That's aunt!'

Aelina didn't know much about Joffrey, to be honest. She could remember Jacaerys's letters about their younger brother, thinking that she was some kind of legend, but they were outdated, and it hardly could be true now.

'Sweet boy and... It must be my third little dumpling, who I never met properly,' she tried her best to smile, not in a scary way. 'I was just visiting Maevrina.'

'I forgot how big she was!' Lucerys exclaimed, unsurely getting closer, almost jumping on his place from excitement. 'Joffrey, look it's the Maevrina!'

Aelina wondered if anyone ever said to that boy that Maevrina was stolen from Visenya, who, technically, wasn't even born that year.

'It's a pleasure to meet Aelina Targaryen, the first of her name!' Little Joffrey said loudly, bowing his head so low that she thought he would hit it by accident.

'Aren't you a little bit too formal...' She coughed awkwardly, hiding her hands behind back. 'If you want to take a look at Maevrina, then you are free to. She will not bite. At least, you. At least, from now on.'

The last comment didn't scare boys as they only exchanged glances. They hide behind her, watching at Maevrina from both of her sides.

'She is great! I missed her,' Lucerys smiled. 'Do you think she remembers me?'

There was a time when Aelina and Aegon showed kids - by kids she means their nephews and Aemond - some tricks with dragons. Out of three of them, Lucerys seemed interested in her dragon the most, always trying to pat her under the careful surveillance of elders. Well. some things just don't change.