𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 (𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮)

A/N: Shall you enjoy some good chapters before the mess, he-he.

×

'That's an awful idea.'

'Seconded.'

'You both always say that, that's not even fair.'

Aelina sighed, putting papers aside.

It took around four days from Aelina and Aemond to be finally released from what Rhaenyra called a total rest - a prison in their opinion - allowing them to return to some work. Still not a physical one, but at least, better than nothing. Of course, they could try to reduce these terms, but the more they insisted the longer holidays Rhaenyra promised them, so they just stopped doing that.

And since almost all of their injuries were healed - ignoring stiffness in Aemond's movements and a large bruise on Aelina's neck - Lucerys decided that they definitely needed to celebrate something, to rest from ongoing war.

'There is nothing to celebrate,' Aelina clicked her tongue. 'We almost lost if not for your brother.'

'Well, we can celebrate not this part of the story,' Rhaena, ever supporting Lucerys, suggested. 'After all, Lucerys and Aemond finally came to peace. Worth celebrating.'

'I was out of my mind that day,' Aemond said, face apathetic as he bent over his sister's shoulder, scanning some documents on the table. 'I take everything I had said back.'

'Yeah, sure,' Lucerys rolled his eyes, already getting used to his uncle's poisonous answers. 'Oh, Jace, good morning! Tell them.'

Hearing that Jacaerys is somewhere near made Aelina tense up immediately as she grabbed the first papers under her hands, pretending to be busy.

After... After the realisation and the night she spent in panic, with Aemond desperately trying to calm her down, she tried to avoid him. Sometimes it worked, but usually it did not, really. Jacaerys, it seemed, was always too greedy to her company, searching for it all the time.

Aemond sighed in her ear in the most judgemental way he could.

While he didn't approve of her - as he said, and she is quoting - "a poor and disgustingly cheap choice of men", even more he hated her attempts to run away. Especially if she used Aemond as an excuse, which she did... A lot. So from his point of view - that she is quoting, too - "he rather chokes watching her flirting with him than suffers one more minute of her useless and pathetic tries to escape this hell". Of course, Aelina ignored him.

'Aunt, uncle,' Jacaerys greeted, eyes directly piercing Aelina as she pretended to read documents over and over, not even catching what it was about. 'What's going on?'

'Your brother decided that it's a good idea to celebrate something together, so now, he tortures us, making to agree deliberately.' Aemond answered with such a serious expression that if not for his love to dramatise his existence, it would look believable.

Now, with a fixed relationship between Aemond and others, he was more open in his attitude, not feeling responsible for acting serious and collected.

'Tortures?!' Lucerys almost wheezed.

'Oh,' Jacaerys bit down his laugh. 'That might be a good idea. We don't need to do anything formal, after all. I think everyone needs a little bit of rest after what happened. And aunt Aelina, it seems, was working past these days without a break.'

Oh, this little shi

'Thank you, but there is nothing more relaxing for me than to do my–'